Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Oct 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
DLP - Meal plan and club room help please

So looking to book for 3 nights in February, 3 adults and 1 x 2 yr old (taking the MIL with us).

Happy to share one room and currently looking at Sequoia Lodge.

Few questions:

1. Meal plan - always like the idea of having paid everything up front, and we would rather sit down in some nice restaurants than Q for the counter service generally. Remember Q'ing for almost an hour last year. Is the Half Board premium plan worth it? We would be looking to eat int he likes of Bistro Remy, maybe Walts and possibly a character lunch/dinner.

2. Club Lounge - I know with the meal plan breakfast is included, but is it worth club room and lounge access for an extra GB£ 50 p/night for the 4 of us? We would possibly come back to the room / hotel once during the day and maybe something in there of an evening?

3. With the meal plan I know that Character breakfast is included... I take it this just replaces the hotel breakfast for that day instead of using one of your other vouchers?

Thanks in advance!
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

The meal plan is one of those things you have to work out for yourself. You get a set menu with choices at each course. You don’t get to go Ala Cart as at WDW. We have done both and it is easier with the plan, if it is more value us up for grabs. Premium gives you all the participating restaurants. walts is premium any way as some of the Character Meals.
As to booking up to Golden Forest (club level) you get a club room that is set aside for you at breakfast so is quieter and has snacks and drinks at other times. Again it is up to you to decide. We have never done club at any hotel so I cannot comment really

Edited at 09:53 AM.
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
The meal plan is one of those things you have to work out for yourself. You get a set menu with choices at each course. You don’t get to go Ala Cart as at WDW. We have done both and it is easier with the plan, if it is more value us up for grabs. Premium gives you all the participating restaurants. walts is premium any way as some of the Character Meals.
As to booking up to Golden Forest (club level) you get a club room that is set aside for you at breakfast so is quieter and has snacks and drinks at other times. Again it is up to you to decide. We have never done club at any hotel so I cannot comment really
Great thank you . I know when we did the meal plan a little while ago (maybe 10 years) we had the set menus. However, I noticed with Premium it does say A la carte too?

Meal Plans
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

We stayed at the SL GF rooms earlier this year with a half board premium plan. Again its up to you if you think it is worth it.

The breakfast room is a lot quieter which was nice and you get the choice of a few restaurants within the parks with set menus including a drink.

Its up to you whether the set menus are to all of your food choices too. Its nice to go back and have the pastries, cakes and drink especially with the prices of the drinks within the parks and hotel.

For £50 per night it'll cost you £10+? each for breakfast and you also get 1 fast pass each too which is helpful.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Regarding the a la carte question, yes some restaurants have that as an option. I believe both of the steakhouses do. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Great thank you . I know when we did the meal plan a little while ago (maybe 10 years) we had the set menus. However, I noticed with Premium it does say A la carte too?

Meal Plans
Yes, you can definitely get a la carte meals included with the premium meal plan at certain restaurants. I was just debating whether to post to clarify that or not, so I’m glad you’d already noticed that. (I’ve recently noticed that every time I post contradicting something on here, it always seems to be Peter’s information that I’m contradicting, and I felt bad about doing it yet again! I hope he doesn’t mind )
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List