Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 16, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

I am curvy and I had a Maggie Sottero dress with a lace-up back. It was the first dress I tried on and it was "the one". Was also the least expensive one. Win win.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 16, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm definitely in the curvy category actually I think curvy is generous haha! but I found the dress of my dreams

not sure where you are located but I went to Brides-2-B located in Watford near London. They have two dressing rooms, one for tiny brides and one for the rest of us. It was an amazing feeling walking into a room full of gown that fit me and I could try on properly! I found my dream princess dress there, her dress is out there, she will find it!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 16, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
You look fantastic TabZ and thanks for sharing .
She has now set a date for July 2017 so plently of time to find the perfect dress and I've passed on all the great info given on this thread for her to have a browse at even just for inspiration. She did have a chuckle at me posting to find details from something I read years ago
I thought she was maybe going to go for a coloured alternative dress but she has decided that it is the only chance she will have to wear a "white puffy gown" and even want a long trailing veil !
The good news is that my daughter (she's 9 but wears 12/13) has been asked to be the flower girl so the search will begin next year for a dress for her. Bad news is I need to find a dress which given I live in jeans and tops will be a challenge too. The last dress I wore was probably my wedding dress 23 years ago and my daughter has never seen me in a skirt or dress ever.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 16, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
starstruck
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
Have a look at this company , don't know if there store is near you though sorry.

wed2b/locations/sc...es-glasgow.php
I was also going to suggest wed2b as I am going to the Bolton one on the 29th and hoping to find something to suit my curves.

Jue
X
1995 - Villa;1996 - Days Inn LBV;1997 - Days Inn LBV;1998 - Days Inn LBV;2000 - Days Inn LBV;2002 - Springhill Suites Marriott Village;2004 - Fairfield Inn MV;2006 - Springhill Suites MV;2011 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2012 - Grand Beach LBV;2014 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2017 - POR + DDP & Grand Beach Resort LBV;2023 Rosen Inn LBV; 2024 Rosen Inn LBV
starstruck is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 16, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
Hope you find the dress of your dreams . Some of the one's on their website look lovely and as my niece comes down to Edinburgh quite often I'm sure she'll have a look at Glasgow store.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 16, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
starstruck
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I did find my dream dress on Tuesday. Really good experience at Wed2be and can't recommend them highly enough. I must say though I ended up with a dress completely different to what I was thinking of but love it and can't wait to wear it in September.

Jue
X
1995 - Villa;1996 - Days Inn LBV;1997 - Days Inn LBV;1998 - Days Inn LBV;2000 - Days Inn LBV;2002 - Springhill Suites Marriott Village;2004 - Fairfield Inn MV;2006 - Springhill Suites MV;2011 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2012 - Grand Beach LBV;2014 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2017 - POR + DDP & Grand Beach Resort LBV;2023 Rosen Inn LBV; 2024 Rosen Inn LBV
starstruck is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
I'm definitely in the curvy category actually I think curvy is generous haha! but I found the dress of my dreams

not sure where you are located but I went to Brides-2-B located in Watford near London. They have two dressing rooms, one for tiny brides and one for the rest of us. It was an amazing feeling walking into a room full of gown that fit me and I could try on properly! I found my dream princess dress there, her dress is out there, she will find it!

You look fabulous! Best wishes for a happy future.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 16, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
I did find my dream dress on Tuesday. Really good experience at Wed2be and can't recommend them highly enough. I must say though I ended up with a dress completely different to what I was thinking of but love it and can't wait to wear it in September.

Jue
X
Congratulations on finding the dream dress My niece is now getting married in July 2017 so plenty of time now to find one but she has taken a note of Wed2be as they have a store in Glasgow which is not too far away.
Hope you have a magical day in September.
Old 5 Apr 16, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
I was an old, curvy bride and despaired of finding anything that I was going to feel comfortable in, when I found a shop not too far away that only stocks dresses from a size 16 up to a 32. I was over the moon, as up to then, every time I had looked in shops, they had nothing that I could try on.
Shame I am so far south, but the shops are out there

Oh this was me on our wedding day four and a half years ago

[IMG][/IMG]

And a close up of the bodice

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 5 Apr 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our DIL got hers in Debinamans but she wasn't a typical bride as you can see they were married in NY
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread