Old 16 Aug 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Day 8 Narcoossee's Dinner

We arrived about 10 minutes before our ADR time of 6.55pm, so we were able to enjoy some drinks at the bar in the restaurant

Max ordered a chocolate milkshake and drank most of it before I could get a photo, it was gone within 10 seconds.

Kate had a Shirley Temple. She loves these.

Mine was the key lime pie martini and it was way too sweet and while it may have been good as an after dinner cocktail it wasn't great as a pre dinner drink. It was creamy and I should have read the menu properly as it was pretty clear from the description. Plus I suppose there was a clue in the name! Still, I forced myself to finish it.

Dad had a ginger ale. Mum had a Narcoossee Sidecar, which she enjoyed.

Dave had the Grand Martini which was a great choice and was very tasty.

This all came to $62.47, before the tip.

We were showed to our table within about 20 minutes of arriving. It was a window table with a great view, I was pretty happy.

The kids got the kids menu's just so they could play with games! Even at 14 (15 next week) and 12 they still love these.

Here is the menu, but I already knew what I was having I'd been eyeing it up for months now.

Mum, Dad and Dave all ordered red wine. I had the Mango mojito. This was a much better choice and I really liked this cocktail.

The bread was delicious, lovely and warm. It didn't last long.

For the main course four us went for the Surf and Turf, not great Dibb food report stuff, but we were all keen to try it. It was worth it and I absolutely loved it.

Dad had the steamed lobster, which he enjoyed.

Max had the Filet Mignon, no second steak this time though. As I was sitting next to him I was lucky enough to get the gift of his vegetables, they were good.

Onto desserts.

Dad had the cheese plate.

Dave had the no added sugar Chocolate Torte, he liked this alot.

Mum and me had the creme brulee, this was ok, but not the best brulee I had this trip. The one from Chefs De France on our last Disney day was better.

Kate ordered from the kids menu, this was a deconstructed s'mores plate.

Max would have loved this but he was fearing it would be tiny like the kids meal from Satuli, so he went with a deconstructed cheesecake instead. It looked pretty but he wasn't a fan. Kate kindly gifted one of her S'mores to him.

The bill as ever for the TS was split between the 2 rooms, so that we could charge the tips and maintain the correct TS credits for each room, the servers were all happy to do this and it was never a problem. So, it would have been $381.69 with tax and the 18% tip, for the four of us it was 8 TS credits as this is a 2 credit meal and the tip.

This was a fab meal, we really enjoyed it. The portions were perfect and we came out full, but not over stuffed as we had done previously. We went over to the boat dock to catch the boat to MK.

The restaurant looked so pretty behind us with all the lights on.

I was pleased with the timings too as we had come out just in time for the Electrical Water Pageant. The boat we were on followed it on it's route to the Poly.

Then after picking up from the Poly we headed over to MK while watching the fireworks from HEA. This was perfect timing and I was so pleased that we had a free fireworks cruise!

Day 8 credits

12 TS credits used, 30 remaining.
2 QS credits used, so still 47 of those.
The 6 funnel cake snack credits were used and then the additional snack for the BBQ crisps for Kate at FQ, so 7 snacks and this leaves us with 96 credits remaining, with 6 days of DDP left that meant we'd have to eat 16 snacks a day between us!

Next up on day 9 we went to Blizzard Beach and had both breakfast and lunch there as I was forcing food on people Then it was another first for us with Biergarten for dinner.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
noooooo... that went too quickly but glad for us that still lots of food to hear about and a TR to come Love that you bought an AP - I always need to know there is a return trip in sight! Horrible weather here today but hope you can all stay awake and the dreaded jet lag isn't too bad...
That's what I thought too actually I managed a couple of hours sleep on the plane. The kids also napped in the car on the way home and then we went straight to bed when we got in just after noon, but we set the alarm so that we only had an hour and a half. I have to say no one wanted to get up when the alarm went off. But Dave and me shot around the house doing all the unpacking and now I don't feel too bad. Hopefully we can all drop off at a sensible time tonight and then be back to normal tomorrow.

Next summer I've booked up CBR, at the moment it's just a one person booking with QSDP. I do plan on adding Dave, Max and Kate once I've sorted the flights so if I have to change dates then hopefully I won't get an amendment fee as I will be adding 3 people to the booking and upgrading to DDP.

The universal APs were a bargain at $0 each! Had to be done really didn't it by next summer the lines for Hagrid should be a bit shorter.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Welcome home. Hope you had a fantastic time.

Looking forward to reading this. Lots to catch up on!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

I admire your stamina posting on your first day back! It looks like you all really enjoyed your meal at Narcoosees, it is a pretty setting. What do your mum and dad think now they’re back, are they rebooking 😁
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That's what I thought too actually I managed a couple of hours sleep on the plane. The kids also napped in the car on the way home and then we went straight to bed when we got in just after noon, but we set the alarm so that we only had an hour and a half. I have to say no one wanted to get up when the alarm went off. But Dave and me shot around the house doing all the unpacking and now I don't feel too bad. Hopefully we can all drop off at a sensible time tonight and then be back to normal tomorrow.

Next summer I've booked up CBR, at the moment it's just a one person booking with QSDP. I do plan on adding Dave, Max and Kate once I've sorted the flights so if I have to change dates then hopefully I won't get an amendment fee as I will be adding 3 people to the booking and upgrading to DDP.

The universal APs were a bargain at $0 each! Had to be done really didn't it by next summer the lines for Hagrid should be a bit shorter.

Wow $0 - that is definitely a deal! Sounds like you are very organised with CBR - any chance your parents will join you? My Mum is coming out with us to a villa next year and I'm very jealous of her using her Avios to get Club Class flights - I won't be sitting with her unfortunately! Keep dibbing and stay awake
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no, that went far too quickly! Welcome home though and I look forward to the rest of your report. Hopefully lots more steaks for me to drool over!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Looks a lovely meal at Narcoossees. Mango mojito sounds divine, I love mojito, particularly fruit flavoured ones.

Max’s steak looks good, and Dave’s chocolate dessert - I think they would have been my picks.

Bargain on the Universal AP upgrade, looking forward to hearing more about that in the main report.

Welcome home, I hope the jet lag isn’t too bad. We usually do the same as you did - get a couple of hours sleep then carry on with the day until a normal bedtime.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Wow just caught up from the start to now.".glad you had a wonderful trip.. you have had some great food so far. Looking forward to finding out if you managed to get through all the snacks!

Thanks for sharing with us!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Welcome home – it seems to have gone so fast! Pleased to read you’ve bought (well without money changing hands which seems like a great result!) AP for Universal and booked BCR. Hope your dad and Kate are fit and well soon.

Onto the food - Im another one who never got round to a funnel cake - the strawberry one definitely looks like it would be my favourite. Narcoosees meal also looks another good choice but your first cocktail did sound a bit too much for pre dinner. The desserts all looked nice.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Food looked so good at Narccoossies, the surf and turf looks amazing, no wonder four of you chose it 😀 Your dad’s cheese plate looks nice too. I haven’t been to Narccoossies but I have to agree that Chefs de France creme brûlée is hard to beat.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List