Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 14 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

I've watched this from the start & so have many of my friends so we chat and exclaim about it over a glass of something fizzy.

Of course we always say 'Only in America'. I'm not sure if some of the ideas are too far from things we hear about going on in the US now.
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lucyjane45xxx View Post
OMG anyone watching up to date with America and has already watched the season finale?

What. An. Episode.

I won’t post any spoilers but I absolutely loved it, what a way to end what has been such a good season. What a happy emotional ending but at the same so terribly devastating!
Watched it last night after reading your post

Brilliant Season Finale! So emotional - actually moved me to tears and usually only a Disney movie does that to me!

Hope there will be another season. No idea where it will go from here.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So glad no spoilers. Loved last weeks episode and the end nod to Jaw 'We're gonna need a bigger boat' I've loved the series from the start, so many ups and downs & so scary.
Have to say the acting has been superb, by all of them & how Elizabeth Moss goes from looking angelic to pathetic to downright evil is just amazing. I actually FB'd her and said how amazing I thought she was. I loved her in Mad Men and she has surpassed herself in this. I wish Nick would come back into it tho I did like him.
There is apparently another series on offer but whether they take it up or not I'm not sure. I do hope so.
Old 19 Aug 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I watched one of the late night American talk shows the other night (think it may have been Seth Meyers or Jimmy Kimmel) and Elisabeth Moss was on it and I am pretty sure she confirmed that they were doing a 4th season.

I have a feeling that is the reason that this season ended the way it did.

I completely agree, Elisabeth Moss is SO underrated as an actress, she is absolutely brilliant! You know she is a star when she can get so much across in facial expressions alone. I also loved her in Mad Men - another great show

I agree, I want them to bring back Nick but also Emily (Alexis Bledel), I wanted to know more of her story of life after crossing back over and being reunited with her family and that adjustment

p.s. I also cried Firekat
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Oh my word, I really don't know how I am going to cope on Sunday, Handmaid's Tale and Peaky Blinders are on at the same time!
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Omg just watched last weeks episode- bloody amazing I dont know what else to say. I hoped the Waterfords would get their comeuppance at some time so pleased about that bit & June n the awful DC Commander ! WOW.
No spoilers please I'm watching on Catch Up a few days after each Sunday episode. So font want it yo end !
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just watched e11 & oh my heart was in my mouth for most of it..absolutely amazing episode!
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Am I the only one that has found this series a bit flat compared to the others?
Quoting myself! 😂 As just watched the latest two (U.K. released) episodes - and Wow! - ignore my comment above, this series has just got good again for me! 👍😂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Quoting myself! 😂 As just watched the latest two (U.K. released) episodes - and Wow! - ignore my comment above, this series has just got good again for me! 👍😂
I found it really flat until the most recent episode, (especially the whole hospital episode yawn) but its redeeming itself for the finale I think!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Watched it all, oh my word! I really hope there is another series
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List