Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Aug 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

The kids went to Captain hook pirate crew tonight.
This is a kids activity for 4-12 year olds from 430-830 every night. It includes activities and a boat trip looking for treasure. It also includes dinner and is $55 per child.
When we checked them in they offer a extension til 9;30 for $15 extra. You can call them by 8pm to confirm either way.

James and I headed off to Epcot to explore the world sans kids!

I had bought t-shirts for the event, very much tongue in cheek.

I hadn’t prepped particularly well for this. We had sat about in club/ our room drinking strawberry fizz for the past 2 hours waiting for the bags to arrive. 😣 they arrived at 4;40.

Anyway, we started in the UK with a trip to Rose and Crown for a shandy. It was packed, but way to well mannered for most high street pubs on a Friday night. !

$10.39

We wandered into Canada and were delighted to see a frozen cocktail instead off only beer. We got a Blueberry banjo frosty $11.39 James really like this. It was really fresh but I though it was to sweet.

We then arrived in Mexico and i knew what a wanted to drink... Avocado Margarita!

Unfortunately la Cava del Tequila was packed with a cueing system in place. They had roped off a part with staff asking how many people. It was like a ride. It was busy and really noisy. We joined the cue and waited about 20 mins to join the next cue inside the bar! $16 later

Off to Norway next. Options were beer or a shot! I didn’t fancy either so we went into Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe. We found a viking coffee which had bailey and a nutty liquor called kamora. This was lovely. I also got a Almond Kringla. Total $18

By this point we both really needed food. We realise we had only had snack for lunch and had probably consumed more alcohol than anything else today. 😣😣

China we got tipsy duck in love. I do like this but miss the cream on the top.

We got a much needed side of spring rolls. Which were nice and good value ( in disney) for 2 rolls for $3.29
Total $ 15.44

We also stopped in Karemel kutch in Germany to get the kids treat. $13.00

We decided at this point to stop drinking and eat! We went to the QS in Japan in the hope of carbs. All i wanted at this point were chips!
We got shrimp tempura noodles each and sushi to share. $35.51

James enjoyed this. I like tempura, and like udon noodle. I dont like tempura in soup as its too soggy for me. James ate my prawns.

We headed back to get the kids. It felt a long hot walk back...

Minnie had a great time. Noah was a bit non plussed. He is the top end of the age range and starting secondary school in Sep. He is definitely beginning to make that transition!

We went back to club on the way to the room and grabbed some dessert on the way to the room.

i did not have any more alcohol!
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Great report so far have loved reading along, looks like you are having a fantastic time, great food and drinks and staying in some lovely places my sort of trip 😉
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Loved reading this food report! Thank you
California Grill and Yak and Yeti looked especially tasty!
You've definitely utilised the Disney Dining Plan!
Current trip report:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1233648

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Looks like a great time was had in Epcot 😊😊

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you enjoyed your child free Epcot evening. We stayed at BCVs in April and thought the QS was poor. I assume most of their customers eat at Epcot or just use the table service options but when you’ve had an afternoon using the great pool area you sometimes want something convenient. At least you have the club room snacks - fingers crossed for Minnie that Mac and cheese appears.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Parenting fail this morning 😣
We had booked Minnie into Mermaid school that takes place on a Saturday and Tuesday at YC. It also takes place on Sunday and Thursday at Art of animation and Beach club. Cost $50 for a hour class.

Minnie was super excited when we booked it as she had been bought a mermaid tail as a present and we hadn’t found anywhere in our home town that she could use it in a pool. Instead we have had lots of time playing with it in the bath.

Since being here we have used it in the quite pool at OKW and poly and she loves it.

Anyway, we all slept in. I was actually awake but didn’t remember. We went to breakfast at 9 and I suddenly had that sinking feel and remembered we were due at mermaid school at 8 am 😣😣

Total fail on James and i. When we were checked in, i asked for a printed itinerary as i had remembered Captain hook booking but didn’t have the confirmation details. The printer wasn't working so club staff had given me printed slips later in day with Captain hook and the cabana details on them.
They hadn’t printed mermaid school details and we hadn't checked the app and had total holiday blank!

Poor Minnie was not impressed with us and they have been unable to rebook her into any of the others.

On with the day. Breakfast was a nice selection.

We then headed to the pool.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Oh no it is sometimes hard to keep track of all the plans especially when your brain relaxes into holiday mode, her mermaid tail looks good fun for the pool. Your evening in Epcot looked great.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

We checked into our Cabana which was number 2 and the closest to the sandy children area of the pool. This worked for us but may not for people who want a quieter experience.

The cabana was lovely and had a tv much to the childrens delight. It had a fridge stocked with water and soda. Suncream, towles and a fruit platter. They also delivered a dessert platter later in the afternoon.

Rob was the cabana host and there was a dedicated server from hurrican hannahs to cover the 4 cabanas.

We had a relaxed day at the pool which is amazing. The lazy river is so deep ( upto 8 foot) which noah loved but required minnie to wear a life jacket. Kids sandy area. Pool volleyball area and the slide which we all did.

We ordered lunch from Hurricane hannah and a beer.
Minnie had chicken nuggets, Noah had buffalo chicken wrap and i had the roasted vegetable wrap. These came with waffle fries and were huge. James had the half of Noah and Mine that we didn’t eat. The role of Dad seems to be to eat our leftovers. Poor James! Lunch and 3 beers were $61.00

We then had a exciting email which contained lots pf pixie dust from the YC manager. She had managed to get Minnie a place at the mermaid school for the next morning at art of animation. She also arranged Minnie vans to take us there and back. Disney is fantastic at sprinkling pixie dust and this definitely made Minnie stay.

We stayed at the cabana until 530 and then went to club for dinner. Yacht club had a fantastic selection and had large plates so you can definitely make a meal of the offerings.

Minnie was happy with the chicken nuggets and crackers. Noah again loved the pulled pork and caramel sauce!

We then took a trip to Walmark to buy Descendants 3 which is out on dvd. Unfortunately they had told put so we clicked and collected one to pick up tomorrow. I also bought Mint and caramel M and M’s and chocolate to take home for work.

Edited at 08:48 PM.
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Alarms set for 6:30 this morning.
Minnie van picked Minnie and i up at 730
We arrived at Art of Animation. I was really impressed with the theming. Minnie loved it!
We waiting at the main pool along with another mother and daughter. We both had previously confirmed the location with the hotel for the swim and was confidently told the main pool. Anyway it wasn’t, it was at the little mermaid pool ( off course it was!) a nice man in a gold buggy dropped us across and we were only 5 minutes late.
It was fantastic. Group of 10 girls with 2 staff. Lots of support and swimming opportunities. Well worth the early morning.

We headed back to YC, had breakfast at club and checked out.

i loved that they had flavoured syrups for coffee!
YC has really grown on us. I prefer the theming of poly but the club food offering were definitely more substantial and staff have been good.

We are now off to our final hotel. Four Seasons for three nights.

This is a photo of the Walmart stash from last night. Kids have eaten the caramel M and M today
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Glad Minnie got her mermaid swim in the end. Enjoy the Four Seasons.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List