Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Aug 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I was joking. I’m surprised at nothing
Sorry, I think sensitivity and lack of sleep (and also common sense before typing) on my part took this the wrong way.

Please accept my apologies

X
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
If you want to vent at the ceo

alex.cruz@ba.com
Pft, why don't we all email BALPA instead and get them to pass on a message to their members about how bloody greedy they are being!

NGL I kinda feel sorry for BA...
I'm with them on this one.

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dilovesflorida View Post
Hi, we rebooked after receiving the email saying our outbound flight on 11th is cancelled. BA have been advising that they won’t cover these costs, but BBC website says that now admitted error and reimbursing these costs. Has anyone been successful in claiming cost of new flights?
I’m In exactly the same situation, not been able to get hold of them by phone. Sent a DM via twitter, also not answered as at yet. Will give it a day or so and try phone them again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Well hell froze over or Disney went a year not raising ticket prices.. either way something very unlikely happened... i finally got through to someone.

Very helpful lady told me that although the flight was in red and at risk of disruption, it wasnt on a strike day and not currently cancelled so they would waive the change fee if we wanted to move it but we would need to pay the approx. £8000 difference to move our flights out a day from returning the 28th to the 29th.

We did book our Club World seats in a sale as we always do so got a good price.. but yeah, dont think a bit of piece of mind is worth that much

Have changed our Bloc hotel booking so its room only and will use taxis or trains to get to/from the airport to give us more flexibility if required and have a night booked at Sapphire Falls fully cancellable in case we need an extra night at Universal at the end of our hols... dont think there is much more we can do at this stage. We are lucky that we are in a far better situation than others.
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

On BA Twitter Virgin have posted to go to them if you’ve been affected, so I checked price for 27th Miami to Heathrow $3000 one way
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Guys the contact centre is staying open until midnight again, so it’s worth keeping on trying later on. It’s not being advertised as extended hours
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Sorry, I think sensitivity and lack of sleep (and also common sense before typing) on my part took this the wrong way.

Please accept my apologies

X
That goes two ways, no apology needed.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dotb View Post
I’m In exactly the same situation, not been able to get hold of them by phone. Sent a DM via twitter, also not answered as at yet. Will give it a day or so and try phone them again.
I sent my DM Friday at 10pm. I had a reply 20 minutes ago. Just waiting for explanations on various things
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SmilingSammie View Post
Pft, why don't we all email BALPA instead and get them to pass on a message to their members about how bloody greedy they are being!

NGL I kinda feel sorry for BA...
I'm with them on this one.
If you read and/or believe the headlines then I can understand your view, greedy whotsits on £200,000 a year rejecting a 10% pay rise but if you look beyond the propaganda you will find that BA have been eroding the pilots pay for a while, pay cuts, reducing annual leave and closing the pension scheme, so maybe they have decided enough is enough.

Any union is only is only as strong as it's membership and to get a 93% vote for industrial action shows that something is seriously wrong.

The following is taken from the BALPA website;

"British Airways is an extremely profitable and successful company, and pilots have been proud to play their part in that. In 2018 the company announced profits of £2bn. Over recent years BA pilots have made sacrifice after sacrifice to assist the company such as taking a pay cut, productivity increases, closing the final salary pension scheme, giving up annual leave days, a new rostering system, and reducing flying pay".
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
If you read and/or believe the headlines then I can understand your view, greedy whotsits on £200,000 a year rejecting a 10% pay rise but if you look beyond the propaganda you will find that BA have been eroding the pilots pay for a while, pay cuts, reducing annual leave and closing the pension scheme, so maybe they have decided enough is enough.

Any union is only is only as strong as it's membership and to get a 93% vote for industrial action shows that something is seriously wrong.

The following is taken from the BALPA website;

"British Airways is an extremely profitable and successful company, and pilots have been proud to play their part in that. In 2018 the company announced profits of £2bn. Over recent years BA pilots have made sacrifice after sacrifice to assist the company such as taking a pay cut, productivity increases, closing the final salary pension scheme, giving up annual leave days, a new rostering system, and reducing flying pay".
That quote isn’t exactly 100% true. You can word things in ways to make them sound worse than they are. For example, the new rostering system actually works in their favour as they can pretty much plan their own flights and rosters. Giving up annual leave days - well was your quota reduced or did you agree to work an annual leave day for a hefty payment.

Also 93% of members may have voted to strike, but what % of BA Pilots are actually members of BALPA? Not as many as you would think