Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Aug 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Poor Noah feeling mortified about his steak. I'm glad to see you're going to mention it - its very poor of the server.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Monday
We were going to spend the day at the resort today as Noah wanted to do one of the golf short courses. Unfortunately the golf course is shut all week. The driving range is open tomorrow. $45 for all day use with club hire.
So we swapped days around and made today our mall/ American girl day!
We were hopeful of getting back for a bit of the kids club so we could check out the Oasis adult pool.

We didn't get sorted to leave until 10ish so decided on a quick take out breakfast from Mc Donalds as we had a lunch date at America Girl.
Minnie’s much love Wellie Wishes doll, Camile, had travelled with us and had a midday hair appointment.

Noah had held onto his spending mondy ( except for 2 Disney Spring Lacoste purchases) so he could wanted to look at clothes at the mall.

We stopped at Mc Donalds on international drive.
Minnie got hotcake( pancake)

Noah got hotcake with sausage

I got a yoghurt with fruit

James got a sasage and egg McGriddle

Min got vanilla milk shake, Noah got a caramel frapcinno. I got a non fat caramel machinano. This was super sweet and i had one sip and was done. My fault for ordering badly.

James sausage and egg mcgriddle was also super sweet but he did manage to eat it.

The kids loved their hotcakes!

Cost $23.15
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We shopped.
America Girl ( please skip if you are not interested in AG!)
Minnie and i spent a hour in AG.
Camille got her hair done and we brought a big sister for her.
Camille

Noah and James had a success trip with Noah buying 2 items and spending all his remaining money.
We then met for lunch in the AG cafe.

This was very pink! It was also very cool ( temp wise) quite and the staff were super friendly.
Both dolls got her own seats and plates and cups which Minnie could take home.

The cutlery was also tied with a AG hairband that she was encouraged to take.

Minnie had mac chesse and fruit

Noah had chesse pizza

James had a club sandwich and fries.

I had a feta and quinoa salad.

James had a fruity drink

The food was surprisingly good.

Total cost $46
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’ve heard a lot about American girl from some of the kids at school. I’d have loved that sort of thing at Minnie’s age. They certainly go all out (at a price I know)
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Poor Noah feeling mortified about his steak. I'm glad to see you're going to mention it - its very poor of the server.
Thank you. That’s the bit that upset me was that he felt he was in the wrong😣
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I’ve heard a lot about American girl from some of the kids at school. I’d have loved that sort of thing at Minnie’s age. They certainly go all out (at a price I know)
She did love it and i would off also have loved it at that age. You do pay a price but they do it amazingly well! 😍
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We stopped to fill the car up on the way home. I grabbed drinks for all. $5.97
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I’m so happy Minnie got her mermaid swim, what amazing service from Disney, and it was probably even more special for her that it was a Art of Animation as it’s such a fun resort.

The two-tiered kids’ menu is a great idea, Disney really should look to do this too, it’s also in their own interests to serve up a large portion of something like mac and cheese versus a fillet steak. It was right that they cleared your lunch bill, what a cheek that the other party happily accepted your food though, you can’t buy class!

Wow at the cheek of the waiter at Ravello, not acceptable to bamboozle a young boy like that. Glad to hear you’re going to take this further.

Oh, I love those parfaits at McDonalds breakfast, I haven’t had one for years. I want to try a McGriddle, it looks disgustingly good.

American Girl looks so fun and the food looks lovely and a real bargain considering it’s an ‘experience’ for the kids.

Think how much those drinks at the gas station would have cost on site, it’s scary!

What an amazing trip you are having, just pure bliss in the most magical place on earth.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m delighted Minnie got to do the Mermaid swim, even more magical in the Little Mermaid pool at AOA. My girls loved swimming there. What lovely pixie dust from the Yacht Club. Sounds like you had a great day in the Cabana too. I can’t believe I’m catching up already as you settle into the Four Seasons. I love that Minnie has Descendants 3 on dvd I wish we had thought of buying it before we came home! The hotel sounds great once you were in the room and they dealt with the lunch situation but I would be very disappointed with the waiter too. I’m sure the manager will not be impressed with the steak situation, poor Noah.
American Girl looks such a fun experience, I think I would secretly enjoy going-I think I would like it better the BBB! 😊
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Forgot to add that Minnie and i had a watermelon smoothie whilst shopping. $9

I spoke to Concierge as Ravello wasn’t open until dinner time about the Steak issue. The woman was very nice and agreed this shouldn’t of happened. She asked for copies of both receipts and said somebody would contact me prior to us leaving. Hopefully we will hear today ( Tuesday)

On with Monday...
We got back to four seasons by 2 ish.
Minnie went to kids clubs for 2 hours.
Kids is a complimentary service running from 10-6 every day for 4-12 year olds. They run activities throughout the day. You can drop them off all day or any amount of time you want.

Noah then went to the Hangout. This is a dedicated older kids space that 12 year old and up can access on their own or you can access with younger children. Its full of video games, snooker tables, football table. Its borders the lazy river and basket ball court. Staff are there to provide support but the older kids can come and go as they choose.

James and i then went to the Oasis pool. This is a adult only pool and is super relaxed. It was lovely to have 2 hours to swim, drink cocktails and finish my book!
I drank the Explorita ( again) and James had a two Morning Dove ( tequila and grate fruit)

I then had a avocado margarita ( which was better than Epcot Mexico one) and James had a skinny dip ( gin based).

Noah had ordered himself a Steak frites at the hangout as he was hungry. He managed to negotiate the tip with the waiter so did well. $16 plus 4 tip. ( waiter had suggested $3)

Minnie was hungry so we left James and Noah to play pool and we went to PB&G to grab a early girls dinner.
I ordered a main which mean Minnies was complimentary.

Minnie had Mac Chesse and i ordered the Tuna Poke bowl. This was fantastic.

We both had water to drink and Minnie got lollys for her and Noah ( complimentary)

Total $25.06

Edited at 02:07 PM.