Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

I haven't fallen out of Love with the Parks, altough the older I've got I do find me moaning about things in them more often, mainly rude people / littering / cue jumpers etc... but I do find Orlando / kissimmee hard work, I'm not one of these people who are a fan of overly "Touristy" areas and I just find all the bright lights, signs, buffets etc tacky, suppose that is why I'm not a huge fan of Vegas either.

Much prefer heading to the Keys, Ft. Myers etc.
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I kinda feel like this especially Disney. The cost now is prohibitive. We went to florida after a 5 year break this summer and it was great, great to be away, great to bring the kids as teens. While I am so glad we did 3 trips when they were small it has lost its appeal for me.
The keys and Miami plus Busch and kennedy were definitely the highlights for all of us this year rather than anything in orlando itself.
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Yup - I hit WDW hard between 1996 and 2010 going at least every year, sometimes more. I haven’t been for 9 years and nothing that I have read really makes me want to go back.
I have been lucky enough to travel a lot and seen some amazing things, and I do have a little regret at wasting so much holiday time and money there - don’t get me wrong, I loved it at the time.
If I ever do go back, I think that it will be for HHN at some point, but the planning involved in WDW now seems immense.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
As we were leaving at 4.00pm yesterday the crowds were pouring in. My God the income Disney must have had beggars belief.

And they keep coming.

Such a pity they can't replace paper towels in the bathrooms when they run out. Or make sure all the taps work. Some are still broken since last March as I notice these things!

My Daughter wanted one of those screw paper bags of almonds. $6! Robbery!

Oh and the Granddaughter had a little ice cream in a paper cup thingy. $4.50.
We were one of those 😀 I felt bad as I kept telling my lot it would be much fewer people by 7 but it wasn’t ! That was a weekday in August so I dread to think come October what it will be like . It wasn’t even the wait times really just trying to walk somewhere was a struggle at times.
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

not fallen out of love with Florida, rather enjoy other things now and pick a specific Disney park to hit. We will probably go to HS next year to GE. I will admit, I much prefer the west coast parks (six flags, knotts, Disneyland) and the horror events over that side seem to be much better
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I understand what you mean about the parks- Disney over the last 10 years has become busier and busier, so for us like a lot of others, we do other things too. I haven’t fallen out of love with Orlando itself- we love it.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Here now on our 5th visit. I really disliked it on our first visit and returned purely because the family liked it. I have never loved it but it has grown on me a little. The part I like is watching my family enjoy themselves. I have been to much more interesting and more scenic places. I do really love America though.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

No never get sick of it! I don't like to leave the wdw bubble apart from a bit of shopping. I love the resort's every bit if not more than the parks. We usually stay at least three different ones as we have DVC.
Have never lost that fuzzy feeling in 20+ visits.
Feebee2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
As we were leaving at 4.00pm yesterday the crowds were pouring in. My God the income Disney must have had beggars belief.

And they keep coming.

Such a pity they can't replace paper towels in the bathrooms when they run out. Or make sure all the taps work. Some are still broken since last March as I notice these things!

My Daughter wanted one of those screw paper bags of almonds. $6! Robbery!

Oh and the Granddaughter had a little ice cream in a paper cup thingy. $4.50.
We were there last night and yes it was crowded, One thing I noticed was there seemed to be less staff about when we needed to ask questions. We had no idea where to get our goody bags from our what to do or where to find somewhere to eat.I actually enjoyed the Halloween party but for me Disney is just queue queue queue unhealthy food and crowds. The fireworks were brilliant however it was an obstructed view due to crowds. I couldn't see the parade as I was so far back in the crowd behind children on shoulders and Mickey ears. Still glad I did it though.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

Every year I feel like I’ve had enough but we always seem to end up coming back.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List