Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

It’s got worse as I’ve got older! I used to bounce back fairly quickly, but it now takes me at least 2 weeks. We came back from Singapore earlier this month and thought we’d be OK as we were flying east to west, but we both felt awful for quite a long time. The only thing that helped us was a couple of late nights where we were forced to stay up until 11.30/midnight and we both felt better the following day.
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kateh134 View Post
It’ssed to bounce back fairly quickly, but it now takes me at least 2 weeks. We came back from Singapore earlier this month and thought we’d be OK as we were flying east to west, but we both felt awful for quite a long time. The only thing that helped us was a couple of late nights where we were forced to stay up until 11.30/midnight and we both felt better the following day.
I could agree more . When I was in my mid 30’s to late 40’s I travelled extensively for work - at least twice a month to California with a few trips to Australia and other places sometimes just for a one day meeting thrown into the mix - and I used to poo poo anyone who complained about jet lag after a short flight to say Florida and only 5hr difference.

Now I am mid 50’s it takes me days to get over change back to GMT from BST let alone jet lag - then again I now take either a herbal tea or warm milk (coconut) and honey to bed with me rather than alcohol- cutting out week day & night drinking totally also helps sleep with me (and lost loads of weight too!)

Edited at 05:49 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
We came back two weeks ago and it has got worse and worse for me each time we go, this time I literally felt like a walking zombie, with flu like symptoms.
I Have Melatonin but get irrational dreams with them, which wake me up.

I only started to feel better after being home five days, I found water , Dehydration salts and two cans of Monster in the day for one day only , made me feel better this is definately not a healthy recommendation but believe me needs must as I had to do a three hour commute the next day, I slept with the window open , and eye mask and ear plugs and gradually felt better.

Dh on the other hand said he felt 'a little sleepy' :0
Thought I was the only one who it didn’t work for, I bought some a few years ago in Walmart after reading good things, I let it dissolve on my tongue while reading the enclosed leaflet 😫😫felt sleepy at 9 went to bed, but woke at 1am & couldn’t get back to sleep
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DH and I are 79 and 75 respectively. After our return from Alaska in June it took about three weeks for us to recover. It was a horrible experience. We have agreed no more long haul flights, which I am sad about because there are still places in the US I want to visit.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

It seems to get worse the more we go, and the longer we are away.

I have no solution to offer, only time, but having returned only two weeks ago I’m only just starting to feel normal.

I dread our trip to Australia next year in terms of the jet lag.

Hope you feel better soon.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Aw guys, it sounds like we’re all struggling!

Last night was better for sleep. I tried to have an hour in the early afternoon as I was so shattered from my early wake up. I ended up having about 2 1/2 hours so was worried about sleeping last night. I took some night nurse though and managed a decent (though somewhat disturbed) sleep until 5am. Forced myself back to sleep and woke up properly about 8am which is much better.

I still feel so ill though. I’ve literally no appetite, and am forcing the odd bowl of cereal as I know I need to eat something. I feel permanently nauseous too, even having a cup of tea is slightly turning my stomach. I do seem to be starting with a headcold that probably doesn’t help though.

I’m currently watching a bit of TV and trying to get motivated to get some jobs done. I’ve zero motivation and still feeling very tired though.

Hopefully I can get another good nights rest tonight and maybe tomorrow will be better?

I’ve done a lovely good shop, and so badly want a nice meal but my stomach just turns at the thought of it!
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh dear maybe you’ve got the start of FLU 🤧 wish you better x
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Oh god I hope not! I was hoping to get the back bedroom decorated ha ha x
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh my goodness, poor you! I’ve not read the whole thread as I’m giving myself the fear of horrendous jet lag just thinking about it!
I’m traveling back from Denver tonight with the added complication of a cold! We have been in Denver for 5nights having just got back from Florida on 4th October so wasn’t over that jet lag when I totally confused my body by travelling back across the pond! (Florida 19th sept-4th October. Denver 12th October-18th October)
I’m hoping for some good advice and that you are over your jetlag😊
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Oh poor you! I hope the flight home wasn’t too bad with the cold?

The good news is the nausea has subsided, and I’m managing to eat. The bad news is that I thought I’d recovered from the weird sleep pattern, so tried no night nurse last night. I got to sleep about 2.30 - 3.00 and woke up again at 6.30!

I’ll be night nursing again tonight I think ha ha