Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Oct 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
florida-2014
Proud to wear my Ears

Epcot Stage Shows and Convention Centre

Hi there,

Does anything go on at the stage by Club Cool in October/November? I know there are Christmas concerts there at Christmas, but wondered if there is anything other times?

Also, does anyone know what is inside the convention centre (not sure if that is what it is called) at Epcot?

Thanks!
florida-2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So "convention centre" might be one of two things
- the building between Canada & UK pavillion which has in it some special events during various festivals. In October/November there will be some of the food & wine tastings going on in there.
- the building by Mission Space which is being changed into a new attraction so is currently closed

In terms of that stage, I really haven't seen anything on it for awhile. They used to have a summer series of concerts but that would stop before October/November. The ones for Food & Wine festival are all in the USA pavillion. They do have a trio of chefs that drum and sing come out into the area just in front of Space Ship Earth but with the rennovation of that entire area currently going on I'd doubt there would be anything on the stage any time soon,
Old 21 Oct 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Was there a stage by Club Cool? (I say "was" because Club Cool is now closed). I've never noticed one there, just the one near the USA pavilion in World Showcase.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Was there a stage by Club Cool? (I say "was" because Club Cool is now closed). I've never noticed one there, just the one near the USA pavilion in World Showcase.
So I assumed poster was referring to the one at the back of Club Cool on the way to Figment but actually now I think about it that stage went awhile back! In which case I'm assuming its the fountain stage which is gone due to the fountain of Nations being rennovated anyway! See this is why you shouldn't post first thing in the morning
Old 22 Oct 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So I assumed poster was referring to the one at the back of Club Cool on the way to Figment but actually now I think about it that stage went awhile back! In which case I'm assuming its the fountain stage which is gone due to the fountain of Nations being rennovated anyway! See this is why you shouldn't post first thing in the morning
I still don't remember seeing any stage in either of those areas. I suppose if they were small temporary stages that weren't being used at the time then I might have just walked past them.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think they were used for anything else other than the Christmas concerts as the OP mentions. I certainly don't remember them ever being used.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I still don't remember seeing any stage in either of those areas. I suppose if they were small temporary stages that weren't being used at the time then I might have just walked past them.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think they were used for anything else other than the Christmas concerts as the OP mentions. I certainly don't remember them ever being used.
The fountain one was used for the DJ sets at last years Food and Wine festival as well as for other "Dance Parties". I believe this years have been put over by Mission Space instead. Def wasnt a temporary structure as was used for the "kiss goodnight" for many years but wasn't used all the time no.