Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Nov 10, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

All these executive cars!, I have a Kia Rio Diesel. It might be a little box, but I get mpg in the 60's if I drive miss daisy. 50's otherwise, and my company car allowance means i'm in profit after 18 months with an 09 car. Oh and it has various disney tunes in the stereo !
Thorpy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 10, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I drive a Maxda 5 and its a great family car.

It is a 7 seater but we keep the back seats down and that leaves plenty of extra room for the dogs.

The side doors 'slide' open as well which is great for ds.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 10, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post

We've had 2 Zafira's and they where both great for taxi-ing a family around, but the seats don't split/fold very good, so when we changed last time we ended up with a Toyota Verso, we love this car and we are just coming upto 90k miles, still with no intensions of changing it's 2.2 diesel and is fantastic on fuel, 60 mpg on motorway type roads, 50mpg whilst towing caravan on motorways, and approx 47mpg around town. Insurance is a bit pricey, but tax is standard at about £170, but when you realise how much you are saving on mpg I think it levels itself out.
Old 8 Nov 10, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We had a zafira gsi, while it was good for ferry the kuds around the driving position easn't nice on long journeys. We moved on to a VW Passatt estate which was a lovely car but not big enough so now we have a Seat Alhambra whuch is brilliant, i use all 7 seats & still have enough room in the boot for a double buggy & 2 prams! It drives very nice too!

Can't really comment on repair costs dh is a mechanic so he does it!
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 10, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

I have a VW Golf, DH has a Land Rover. Only had the golf last week as had a Polo before (which I loved), still getting used to it but it's very nice to drive and sturdy.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 10, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Carlmelia
Imagineer

Carlmelia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have a Mercedes B Class, DW has a Mini Cooper Clubman. The Mercedes is great very similar in size to a C-max, we have a glass roof in ours which DD loves, I love the sound system, integrated phone system, auto lights, wiper and dimming rear mirror are a great help. Gadgets that you don't realise are of any use until their not there. Mini isn't quite a family car as such but great fun and easily gets four inside with a bit of boot space.
Carlmelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 10, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 7 seater. Its a 4x4 that we bought to tow our caravan but with a 2l diesel engine it is not far off the mileage that DH gets from his Focus.

Fantastic car, lovely height, really comfy, enormous boot when just using the 5 seats and 5 year warranty. Had an old Santa Fe before this one and they have both been really reliable.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 10, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi
Alternative choice - try a pick-up! We have a Ford Ranger Thunder. Leather, air-con 6xCD. Seats five in comfort, yet you can throw gardening stuff, mountain bikes and, well, anything in the back. about 32 to the gallon, pretty quick (about 105 flat out - in Germany), park anywhere, great in the snow and cheap to tax, insure and service. Can't understand why anyone drives anything else!
Cheers
Nigel and Sharron
orlandoprimrosevilla
Old 10 Nov 10, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
StaffsLass
Apprentice Imagineer

I have the new style grand scenic. I love it, no probs so far. Plenty of space and storage. I childmind and even with the back seats up I can squeeze a double buggy in. Before this I had a scenic 5 seats. Loved that too.

1987: Sheraton Yankee Trader, Fort Lauderdale/Orlando Vacation
1989: Days Inn Altamonte Springs
1991: Quality Inn, Int Drive
1993: Travelodge Kissimmee
1996: Comfort Inn, Int Drive
1998/2000: Howard Johnson Maingate West
2003: Sheraton World
2005/2008 Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook
2007: Belle Palms Villa, Tuscan Hills
StaffsLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We ended up buying a Ford Focus C-max in black a 10 plate with 6 miles on the clock we've had it just over a week and love it, great to drive and dh says it's good on petrol so far.

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread