Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Aug 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dyer
Serious Dibber

Hagrids ride is outside and although a little jerky (it adds to the fun) I was fine. I came off FJ on Monday and it ruined me for hours. Gringotts I came off feeling a little queasy but was fine within the hour. My main problem is all the screens. My eyes and brain don’t work together in those situations. It also means for me, that as Universal is now so simulator based, that I don’t go on much.
Dyer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Totally the same for me too, I squint so I can’t see the screen properly especially on FJ going across the water Spider-Man when you fall off the building I’m squinting too just hope I’ll be ok on FOP if I manage to get on it
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m fine on the coasters unless they go backwards which is why I’m thinking Hagrid will make me feel ill as I believe there’s a backwards section ?
The simulator rides get me every time
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I’m fine on the coasters unless they go backwards which is why I’m thinking Hagrid will make me feel ill as I believe there’s a backwards section ?
The simulator rides get me every time
Managed to get on FOP, had to take my glasses off & shut my eyes too intense for me,was counting down the 4 odd mins of it 😫 it was quite lifelike feeling how high you were, don’t think I’ll be doing again Spider-Man & Transformers the same 😭 do these to keep Hubbie happy
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Another vote for Dramamine - just check that they don't contain anything that you may react to.
If ridden both rides many times with Dramamine and been ok, one afternoon we popped in unplanned and I foolishly rode Gringotts with them and felt terrible for the rest of the day.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I thought I was going to be seriously unwell after FJ!

No problem with Gringotts though and I assume I will be fine with Hagrid. I’m alright with coasters, it’s screens I can’t deal with after a while!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

I tried motion sickness bands and tablets for the first time this year and I managed Forbidden Journey once, my daughter wanted to go on it again a couple of hours later and it was one too many times for any amount of bands and tablets! The whole ride was spent being thankful they blow cold air on your face!

The motion sickness bands really helped though, I still had to shut my eyes at the 'drop' part on Spiderman, but the rest of the ride was ok, and the 'whip round' parts in Gringotts got me slightly, but the screens were ok and Hagrids was absolutely fantastic!

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

Can’t say on Hagrid, I was fine on Gringotts apart from one bit and I shut my eyes and was fine. I took Sturgeon with me for the flight and was glad I did as I didn’t get on with Dramamine as it upset my stomach.
shona is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Haven’t been on Hagrids so can’t comment but I suffer from motion sickness and was fine on gringotts and FJ. My other half (who doesn’t suffer) was really bad after forbidden journey and we couldn’t do any other rides for about 2 hours whilst he got his equilibrium back.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
Haven’t been on Hagrids so can’t comment but I suffer from motion sickness and was fine on gringotts and FJ. My other half (who doesn’t suffer) was really bad after forbidden journey and we couldn’t do any other rides for about 2 hours whilst he got his equilibrium back.
Completely get this!

I literally bounced off the walls until I found the exit and sat on the floor with my head between my legs for a good 45 minutes just outside the door in the shade.

Then had to force myself to eat and once I’d eaten something I felt absolutely fine! But that was probably a good hour and a half. I was considering going back to the hotel and writing the day off. It was 10am!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List