Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Aug 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

In orlando now - a few observations

So we arrived here Thursday after a break of four years, it certainly seems busier than last time we came at this time . I had a few worries before we went about Avis car hire , weather , immigration and prices . Avis was fine , no hard sell but guess it will be when we get back if there’s a problem . Had a lovely immigration officer who allowed our sons girlfriend to come up to desk with us . The parks seem a lot busier than I remember and the traffic is also much increased and if we did come again we would have to stay nearer the attractions(we are in a villa in west haven ) .Food and shopping yes it’s gone up but not as bad as I was fearing . We are struggling with the heat more than we ever did and for us by the pool is our favourite place to be 😂 we have only had one rain shower for about an hour so far too . We are having a lovely time and it is nice being together for a change - something happened yesterday and we were crying with laughter and it seems too long since we have laughed like that together !

Edited at 01:32 PM.
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

I find it busy every time we come.
We have come with our 2 sort of kids..my son is 22 and just left uni and my daughter is 16 and going into 6th form.

Whilst we are all at home our communication seems none existent as we get on with our day to day life...
We have arrived here and over the last 2-3 weeks we have had such a lovely time.

We are all relaxed and seem to all be enjoying family time!

Enjoy every moment now as life gets in the way sometimes!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Glad the flight went well. We are also staying in West Haven this year for around the 6th to 8th time. It isn't that far from the parks, but as you mention the traffic is a bit of a pain from there to the parks, but the i4 especially is getting worse traffic wise and looney driver wise.

It's nice that you and the family are having a laugh together, as life is short and that's what it should be about.

The parks are becoming far too busy and we have been going supposedly quiter times (late November/ early December) and following the busy day guides, but last year we spent little time in most of the Disney parks due to how busy they were. Even the queues to use the ladies toilets were ridiculous in HS.

Maybe we will be neighbours from Thursday onwards, in which case please don't have much fun or laughter as we go to bed early☹️
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Glad the flight went well. We are also staying in West Haven this year for around the 6th to 8th time. It isn't that far from the parks, but as you mention the traffic is a bit of a pain from there to the parks, but the i4 especially is getting worse traffic wise and looney driver wise.

It's nice that you and the family are having a laugh together, as life is short and that's what it should be about.

The parks are becoming far too busy and we have been going supposedly quiter times (late November/ early December) and following the busy day guides, but last year we spent little time in most of the Disney parks due to how busy they were. Even the queues to use the ladies toilets were ridiculous in HS.

Maybe we will be neighbours from Thursday onwards, in which case please don't have much fun or laughter as we go to bed early☹️
😂 the villa next door is empty so maybe I will see you soon !
Old 25 Aug 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds like your having a great holiday making lots of great memories. That's what it all about. We have stayed on WH 3 times. We love it. We don't do the parks anymore so can hit the I4 at off peak times. We still hit traffic but it moves and we are on hols so doesn't stress us out!
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

The weather has really improved since you arrived so thank-you for bringing the sun with you!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
funny enough I was dreading the traffic this year and it wasn't as bad as previous visits. SOme days I Drive was like a ghost street which I couldn't believe
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy0502
Excited about Disney

We are in HRH at the moment and were in US this morning but all commented how empty and quiet the park was. We left about 12:30 to come back to the hotel for some pool time, but will be back this evening. Maybe we were just lucky with the crowds.
Andy0502 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andy0502 View Post
We are in HRH at the moment and were in US this morning but all commented how empty and quiet the park was. We left about 12:30 to come back to the hotel for some pool time, but will be back this evening. Maybe we were just lucky with the crowds.
We are in universal studios and thought the same , compared to Friday night at island of adventures and yesterday at SeaWorld it is much lighter crowd wise . So hot though !
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am at a villa at West Haven in a couple of weeks (can’t wait!), how long does it take to drive to the Disney parks (approximately)? Having looked at the map I’m assuming that it’s quickest to go via the I4.

Any hints and tips about restaurants etc in the near vicinity much appreciated.

Glad you’re having such a lovely time

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List