Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Aug 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Crossroads LBV- Does it still exist?

As the title suggests. Currently still in planning mode. We love the LBV area and are thinking after a stay at Disney we want to return to the Hyatt( been there a few times and love it) Someone on another forum mentioned the restaurants and shops etc.. in that area no longer exist? Is this true! Have they replaced with anything?
Very intrigued as it puts a whole different spin on our booking if those restaurants are no longer there
Thanks
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
They are still there but some will be closing in the future as a new exit for the I4 is going to go through the area.

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
They are still there but some will be closing in the future as a new exit for the I4 is going to go through the area.
Such a shame. Its next summer we are going.
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sometime in the next 2-3 years, initial reports were it was all imminent but I contacted Johhnie Hideaways & they stated they would be there for at least 2 years. The plans basically cover from the knife at one end, down to Pirate's Cove & all the way to the off ramp. All remaining restaurants & hotels not on this plot are ok
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

i did do a bit of researce on this a couple of months ago and it looked like most of the current resteraunts will still be there for the next 12-18 months
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

they are delayed then as it was supposed to be the end of this year
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Thankfully Crossroads is safe for a while yet. Whew! Along with a lot of visitors, I'm sure the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd aren't too happy these restaurant options are vanishing eventually.
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EatandPlay View Post
Thankfully Crossroads is safe for a while yet. Whew! Along with a lot of visitors, I'm sure the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd aren't too happy these restaurant options are vanishing eventually.
How confident are you that this area won't be affected in 2020? Reason being is this is where we were considering for our accommodation but not so sure now.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
butterflymags
Excited about Disney

It says on Orlando Sentinal website that it's been delayed and will be open until August 2021. I can't access the site from the UK but read it on there when I was in Orlando a couple of weeks ago.
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am quite relieved. I stay at a hotel in plaza boulevard and have no car, so really like walking up to crossroads for something to eat.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List