Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Sep 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Disney is extra, its top of its game
The attention to detail, the staff, the food, the cleanliness, the theming
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Its just that happy feeling you get. Its even better with the kids
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

For me its that all encompassing feeling, when you step on to Main Street/ up to the tree of life/through the globe/on to the lot I just feel a surge of happiness, then you look around and can see everyone feeling it too.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzny Momma
Excited about Disney

My first visit to Walt Disney World was in Spring 2000 (I had my 50th birthday in the previous October) and I was in awe of everything. I shed more than one tear on my first firework display in Magic Kingdom and at Epcot. Age is no barrier when you are there you can be as young as you want and no one cares because that's how they feel too. The cares and worries of the world just vanish from your mind. Thankfully I have managed to return every 5 years since then, still shedding tears, and will be doing so again this year to celebrate my 70th and I hope I am able to be there when I turn 75. It really is a most Magical Place, but that's my opinion of course
Margaret
Dizzny Momma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

American hospitality combined with Disneys attention to detail, story, nostalgia and immersion.
adreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The feeling you get when you walk through the gates and you hear the music and see the castle ... it is a place to let go and enjoy. Really is the happiest place on earth!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I know, I know... there are plenty of other theme parks out there. But for most of them, I'm happy to visit once - a great, fun day but that's about it.
For me, I'm happy to revisit other theme parks as well. Here in the UK I've visited Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Gulliver's World multiple times and enjoyed them. I've visited Portaventura in Spain multiple times as well. They are all enjoyable and I've had just as good a time at, say, Portaventura as I have had at WDW.

But what is it about Disney parks (WDW or elsewhere) that makes you want to go back again despite the eye watering cost?
The reason we spend thousands on a trip to Orlando is because there are loads of theme parks in the area - far more than anywhere else. Seven main parks, four or five water parks, and that's not including those in Tampa. There's enough to easily keep you busy for 2 weeks or longer.

However, the reason I like WDW more than the others is because the WDW parks are better than the rest. The theming is better, the atmosphere is better, the hospitality is (usually) better. The Universal parks are almost as good though.

Plus, there's an element of nostalgia - not just with visiting WDW but with visiting Orlando in general. Having said that, there's nostalgia in visiting the other parks elsewhere as well. It's just different nostalgia.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The reason we spend thousands on a trip to Orlando is because there are loads of theme parks in the area - far more than anywhere else. Seven main parks, four or five water parks, and that's not including those in Tampa. There's enough to easily keep you busy for 2 weeks or longer.

However, the reason I like WDW more than the others is because the WDW parks are better than the rest. The theming is better, the atmosphere is better, the hospitality is (usually) better. The Universal parks are almost as good though.
Agree 100% with this!

However for me, I could not say I've had as much as a good time visiting for instance Alton Towers. I can't comment about Port Aventura as I have not been there - looks fun though.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie 12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I agree with all comments it is the most wonderful place we have ever been cant wait to go back
minnie 12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Agree 100% with this!

However for me, I could not say I've had as much as a good time visiting for instance Alton Towers. I can't comment about Port Aventura as I have not been there - looks fun though.
It's actually a few years since I've been to Alton Towers. However, for a day out it used to be fun and I enjoyed it. I celebrated my 40th birthday there!

However, I could not spend 2 weeks there though. Mind you, if Orlando only had one Disney theme park then I don't think I'd spend two weeks there either. In fact, I probably wouldn't visit Orlando if there was just one theme park there.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List