Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Sep 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Should babies and children be allowed in premium and buisness class?

Following a discussion on Trip Planning Forum about being able to select seats away from children and babies, do you think children should be allowed in premium and buisness class cabins?
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Yes they should - why not ?

I read online yesterday that one airline now shows on seat map where babies are sitting so pax can choose, should they wish, to choose a seat near or far.
Personally I travel in first or business and can really never think of a time a baby disturbed me - often entertained me with cheeky smiles etc. But can have encountered many grumpy loud and obnoxious adults in said cabins.

Give me a happy family over that anytime - and a decent meal, nice red wine and a bed to snooze and watch a film in and you have one very happy camper 👍😁

Edited at 09:31 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes, I think they should be allowed.

I only travel business or first, don't have children and do not recall ever being disturbed by a child on a flight.

Edited at 09:32 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Absolutely they should!

On the other hand I think there is a case for some adults to have to take a proficiency test in courtesy and respect for others before they are even allowed in the departure lounge😤

Edited at 09:37 AM.
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Why shouldn’t they be allowed?

We often fly business and first, I have six children ranging in ages 18 down to 2 years and they are well travelled and know exactly how to behave unfortunately the same can’t be said for many adults I have witnessed so many incidents over the years where adults on flights are being rude to cabin crew, drinking too much and generally acting like idiots. So yes absolutely they should be allowed.
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Yes absolutely they should be allowed.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I ask because my daughter recently did a buisness class flight with her husband and two small children. When they boarded a man got on and immediately became abusive about travelling in buisness class with babies, the younger child was 10 months. The children were quiet and settled.

He ranted at the cabin crew who told him anyone who pays can travel in any cabin. He made so much fuss that as a crew were repositioning in the second buisness class cabin the CSD from the repositioning crew was ask to swap seats with him and he went to the rear of buisness class cabin surrounded by adult crew.

The crew were very apologetic to my daughter. HIs new seat was just in front of premium where there were three small babies in bassinettes. They did intermitently cry through the flight according to the crew. My daughters children slept soundly.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Imagine paying for premium or business class and sitting near a screaming kid for 9 hours😀😀 They are sold as a more relaxing way to travel

Edited at 09:43 AM.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Imagine paying for premium or business class and sitting near a screaming kid for 9 hours😀😀
That happened to us in Premium to LA once. I had a stinking headache before even boarding and the young couple behind us had an 18 month old on their laps who screamed throughout the flight with very little let up. I felt very sorry for myself but could see that they were doing their best and taking turns to walk their little darling up and down when turbulence allowed. They had many angry looks from those around us and I am no angel and admit that I felt the same but made a point of engaging with them because I could see how upset and embarrassed they were.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Of course they should - I am another who has more issues with adults rather than children. We went out for dinner last night , three tables around us two with children then the third table was taken with a family of parents with three adult girls . The table with children were perfectly behaved - the adult table were immediately so loud we couldn’t hear ourselves speak and the language was not appropriate. I was glad we were just finishing our meal .