Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Oct 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

DLH Breakfast

We are staying in DLH in December on the half board meal plan. The breakfast in the hotel... does anyone know what time it is available from and until? And can you go anytime? Or do they allocate you a time you can go?

When we went a few years ago and stayed at SL we were given a breakfast card for each day with a time slot you could go for breakfast. I assume this was to ensure there was an even spread of people at any time and to avoid everyone arriving at the same time - but we could only get later slots which clashed with EMH. It was a complete waste of time and the restaurant was always busy and chaotic. Generally it wasn't fun at all and looking back I wish I hadn't bothered having breakfast there and just grabbed something in the park.

Am I going to have the same experience at DLH?

We're going with a 5yr old and 1yr old so chances are we will be up way before EMH at 8.30am so keen to get in early and hit the parks early!
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Breakfast is served from 7am - 11am each day. You don't need to prebook a timeslot at the DLH just turn up.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
And actually you could have gone any time at SL. It just meant those with that slot got priority. We always arrive 7am for breakfast and beat the queue.

Now that breakfast is not automatically included, it is less busy anyway.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
And actually you could have gone any time at SL. It just meant those with that slot got priority. We always arrive 7am for breakfast and beat the queue.

Now that breakfast is not automatically included, it is less busy anyway.
Good to know, thanks. I think we did just go when it suited us in the end and made our mistakes. Random system and wasn't very enjoyable way to start the day but we don't go to Disney to eat so we didn't mind. I am hoping we can get to breakfast for 7/7.30 when we go in Dec so we can be done ready or EMH - parks close at 6pm too so wanting to make the most of the time...and being xmas there's loads more than the usual stuff to fit in...eeek.
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

You should be fine. You are so close to the parks!
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Does anyone know if there are time slots at Newport? Also can you book in advance as we wouldn’t want a late slot!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
You should be fine. You are so close to the parks!
Yes and with a 5yr old and a 1yr old we'll be taking advantage of that lol.

I'm expecting them to get very tired and sleep like they never have at home (always up before 7 here) and end up sleeping in til 10. If the breakfast is til 11 we could always roll out of bed and do EMH and then return for breakfast at 10.
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Does anyone know if there are time slots at Newport? Also can you book in advance as we wouldn’t want a late slot!
Time slots at Newport aren't usually in operation, but if they have high occupancy with alot of guests with breakfast included they will bring them in to help with the flow of guests.

You can only book your slots at check-in. Although as Gill mentioned above there will be two queues, one for on time guests and the other for late/early comers. So you can always go down at a different time, there might be a short wait though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

We have stayed in all the hotels except HNY (and Davy Crockett as we don’t drive) and have always gone for breakfast just before they open, no matter what time slot we were given. Straight in, no crowds, no waiting, then plenty of time for EMT!
Old 9 Oct 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

What time does breakfast open?