Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Email from BA cancelling my flight

DH (Who's away ) has just had an email from BA to say our return flight on 28 Dec MIA-LHR has been cancelled!

I cannot get through to them - does anyone have a contact no?

What should I be looking for - a change to another route or fly a day later?

Thanks
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

I've seen elsewhere that BA is cancelling quite a few LHR-MIA (and of course return) flights around Christmas. Bearing in mind that BA/AA normally operate 4 flights a day between them on that route, it may well be that you can be moved to another BA or AA flight the same day (which may or may not suit you).

Have you checked Manage My Booking on BA yet? It may show an automatic rebook to another flight, or that may not have happened yet. You don't have to accept BA's auto-rebook if there is something else reasonable that would suit you better.

Think about what you would prefer in order of priority (e.g. another direct flight the same day, an indirect flight the same day, a direct flight on another day), and work from there. Check out your options (stick to BA/AA flights if possible, it's not mandatory but will be a lot easier to get them to do this), then call BA. Within reason, it's your choice.

I have also seen quite a few reports of people taking a long time to get through to BA on the phone at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Edited at 02:01 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There are quite often 3 MIA flights a day asked to be transferred to one of the others.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

This is likely to be due to low bookings so you will likely be offered seats on the other flights that day.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
I've seen elsewhere that BA is cancelling quite a few LHR-MIA (and of course return) flights around Christmas. Bearing in mind that BA/AA normally operate 4 flights a day between them on that route, it may well be that you can be moved to another BA or AA flight the same day (which may or may not suit you).

Have you checked Manage My Booking on BA yet? It may show an automatic rebook to another flight, or that may not have happened yet. You don't have to accept BA's auto-rebook if there is something else reasonable that would suit you better.

Think about what you would prefer in order of priority (e.g. another direct flight the same day, an indirect flight the same day, a direct flight on another day), and work from there. Check out your options (stick to BA/AA flights if possible, it's not mandatory but will be a lot easier to get them to do this), then call BA. Within reason, it's your choice.

I have also seen quite a few reports of people taking a long time to get through to BA on the phone at the moment.

Hope this helps.
Yes, Flyertalk has several members affected by this.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
thanks all.

We will see if they will put us on an earlier fight - its showing 6 seats left!

Heres to an afternoon on the phone

xx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Don't forget if the AA flight times suit you better you can be moved to their MIA LHR flight too (and the cost for prereserving seats on AA is much cheaper)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I got a text this morning about our flight on 28th Mar (BA211) bring cancelled and we have been transferred to BA209 which is 2hrs earlier.
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Thanks all

After 35 minutes on hold I got hold of a very helpful lady who transferred us onto the earlier fight - its only an hour earlier - we are now leaving at 2155 instead of 2300hrs so we are very happy!