Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019. Pre Travel Day

Pre Travel day

For once, we were travelling on a weekend so we had a nice relaxing start to the day. We packed our last few bits having done the majority the day before, cleaned the house and head over to collect Laura (Aaron’s mom) at about 11am. My mom had already taken Rose earlier in the week as she was taking her down to the coast for her own little doggy holiday.

We were running early so we popped into Aarons families house and said goodbye to his grandparents. They are besotted with Edith so we had a few tears as we left as they were going to miss her so much. We set off on the road at about midday and had a clear trip up to Manchester, arriving at the Premier Inn Trafford Centre West just before 2. We checked in an had a 30 minute relax before heading over to the Trafford Centre for a bit of a shop.

Goodness me it was busy on a Saturday, almost unbearable but we pushed through the crowds in search for the Build a Bear shop as Laura wanted to treat Edith to one to take on the plane. We stopped at Leon for a coffee for Aaron and he also grabbed Edith some chicken nuggets as it had been a while since she ate. At Build a Bear, she chose Pumba from the Lion King and we had a crazy wait to stuff him and then pay before we head toward the Orient food hall for dinner. I had managed to book Las Iguanas for 5pm and I was so happy I did, along with every other restaurant in the area, it was absolutely heaving.

Aaron and I made the most of the 241 cocktails, me sticking to Virgin Coladas and he having whiskey sours, he also had a beer, I had 2 more Coladas and Laura had lemonade. All yummy!

We spent a bit of time playing with snapchat filters while we waited for our food.

That last photo amazes me, it's Laura with a male filter on and I cannot get over how much she looks like Aaron. I have never seen a likeness there before so it absolutely baffled me!

We had a lovely meal. Aaron went for the Gaucho Steak (no phot im afraid), I had the Beef Burrito and Laura had a few tapas options, Tacos, Nachos and Salad. Edith had the kids Quesadillas but she was still full from her snack earlier so me and Aaron ended up munching on those too. It was a lot of food and we nearly finished it all. A great start to the holiday! Laura paid as a thank you for us taking her to Florida so that was a nice treat.

We head back to the hotel and Laura took Edith up to her room for an hour or so while Aaron and I stayed down in the bar and enjoyed an orange G&T (me and a double JD & Coke (Aaron). It was nice to have a child free drink. We grabbed an ice cream from the Ben & Jerry’s machine, a full size tub of Phish Food and enjoyed some in the peace of our room before we went and collected Edith. We were all in bed by 9pm.

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A good pre travel day

Joan
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Nice and easy pretravel day although I can just imagine how busy the Trafford Centre must have been with it being a weekend.

I had to go back and look at the snapchat photos as when I first saw it I just assumed it was Aaron!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Excited for this, I feel for you doing the Trafford centre on a Saturday afternoon!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Wow Edith has grown sooo much !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start!

Edith has grown so much since your last report.

I thought that picture was Aaron but I also thought in the previous photo of him and his mum how much they look alike.

Looking forward to reading more.
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Mobile

Just read this after travel day,las iguanas is great, nice of Aaron’s mum to treat you then baby sit for a bit 🙂
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good pre travel day

Joan
It was a pretty good start to the trip. I just with the TC hadn't been so busy!

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Nice and easy pretravel day although I can just imagine how busy the Trafford Centre must have been with it being a weekend.

I had to go back and look at the snapchat photos as when I first saw it I just assumed it was Aaron!
The TC was hell on earth

I still can't get over how much she looks like Aaron in that photo. Baffling.

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
Excited for this, I feel for you doing the Trafford centre on a Saturday afternoon!
It was awfull

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Wow Edith has grown sooo much !
Yep! I look at her sometimes and wonder how on earth its happened!

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Great start!

Edith has grown so much since your last report.

I thought that picture was Aaron but I also thought in the previous photo of him and his mum how much they look alike.

Looking forward to reading more.
I have never thought they look alike until now but obviously they do!

Thanks for reading along

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
Just read this after travel day,las iguanas is great, nice of Aaron’s mum to treat you then baby sit for a bit 🙂
We love Las Iguanas, so yummy!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow I can’t believe how much Edith has grown since your last report and I can’t get over how much Aaron looks like his mum!
Brilliant start. Pre travel day is almost my favourite day of the holiday with excitement levels through the roof 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Wow I can’t believe how much Edith has grown since your last report and I can’t get over how much Aaron looks like his mum!
Brilliant start. Pre travel day is almost my favourite day of the holiday with excitement levels through the roof 😃
She really has shot up in those 6 months. She looks a proper little girl now and has lost all signs of baby / toddler

I love Pre travel day