Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Emsie
Helping Minnie

Mobile Mystery Xmas Market Trip

Hi guys, currently waiting on a call to confirm what mystery European Christmas market myself and my boyfriend are heading off to in December.

Anyone else ever booked a mystery holiday, and if so where did you end up?
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We booked the normal Wowcher mystery holiday and got Iceland. X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Emsie View Post
Hi guys, currently waiting on a call to confirm what mystery European Christmas market myself and my boyfriend are heading off to in December.

Anyone else ever booked a mystery holiday, and if so where did you end up?
Oooh that sounds fun ... how much did you pay, how much control did you have over dates etc
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I don't want to put a dampener on it but only accept what you're offered if you're happy with it and don't be pressurised into upgrading hotels or paying more for decent flight times (unless you want to).

I booked one with Wowcher and got cold feet after reading reviews online about flight times and hotel locations so applied for a refund. Wowcher told me to wait and see what I was offered and if I wasn't happy with any of the locations offered then I could have a refund.

When Mystery Holidays phoned I was given a few options and turned them all down and got my refund from Wowcher. I'd suggest being online when they call and asking about flight times and looking at the hotel (Trip Advisor and googlemaps) before you accept it.

I hope you have a better experience than me!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Emsie
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by iLaura View Post
We booked the normal Wowcher mystery holiday and got Iceland. X
I bet that was amazing!
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Emsie
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Oooh that sounds fun ... how much did you pay, how much control did you have over dates etc
It was £99 Plus an extra £60 per person to fly from a regional airport. We knew that before booking. You put in 3 dates and 3 airports. We got our first choice of date. Was so exciting to do
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Emsie
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I don't want to put a dampener on it but only accept what you're offered if you're happy with it and don't be pressurised into upgrading hotels or paying more for decent flight times (unless you want to).

I booked one with Wowcher and got cold feet after reading reviews online about flight times and hotel locations so applied for a refund. Wowcher told me to wait and see what I was offered and if I wasn't happy with any of the locations offered then I could have a refund.

When Mystery Holidays phoned I was given a few options and turned them all down and got my refund from Wowcher. I'd suggest being online when they call and asking about flight times and looking at the hotel (Trip Advisor and googlemaps) before you accept it.

I hope you have a better experience than me!
I had heard mixed reviews about the experience but after looking at the list of destinations we decided to book because we were happy to be given any.

We got Barcelona, which I am so happy with and there was no hard sell of any extras. We did add an extra night on for £17pp but at that price thought why not! I've checked the hotel location and trip advisor and am pleased with both.

The holiday provider for this one is Weekender Breaks. I wonder if that's what's made a difference.
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think the holiday provider from all of them was weekender breaks.

We were online at the time and found it would have been cheaper to book it ourselves (they’d charged us to upgrade) I complained and provided evidence and got a refund to the additional money we had paid so paid £99 each. We go in December x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Funnily enough, I was reading up on these earlier. I’m quite tempted to try one.
Do they charge single supplements do you know? I wouldn’t mind a winter break myself, but if there’s extra charges it may just be cheaper to do it myself
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Funnily enough, I was reading up on these earlier. I’m quite tempted to try one.
Do they charge single supplements do you know? I wouldn’t mind a winter break myself, but if there’s extra charges it may just be cheaper to do it myself
I think you have to buy two vouchers, even if there’s only one person going.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List