Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Oct 10, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What car do you drive ? We need a new one. C max ?

I posted afew days ago about us needing a new car, we still haven't decided.
We like Renault scenic, Vauxhall zafira, Citroen picassio, Ford focus c max. Planning on having a family so we thought we'd get something a little bigger.

What do you drive ?
What made you choose that car ?
Are you happy with your choice ?
Is it resonable to get fixed if you've needed to ?

Any help would be great, dh hoping to test drive some tomorrow.

Thank you.
Wendy xxx.

Dh love's the Ford focus C-max after todays test drive anyone got one ?

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.

Edited at 08:54 PM. Reason: Updating
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 10, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We;ve recently bought a Nissan Note and are very happy with it. It's a nice size, not too small but not too big either.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 10, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

We bought a seat altea about 6 months ago. Very good car being a VW at heart, very strong engines, parts a readily available and not to expensive.

We have the 1.6 model which isnt to bad on fuel / running costs. But if you plan on doing decent length journeys id look into maybe the 1.9diesel model they do.

We bought this as we got a barging as my best mate works at seat and did us a skinny deal with extra, ie road tax, free fuel and extended warranty.
Old 22 Oct 10, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
faffajane
Very Serious Dibber

faffajane's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have a Vauxhall Zafira. Good on petrol, good family car. Got it because I have back problems and have problems getting in and out of cars that are lower down.
faffajane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 10, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KATIEMAC
Apprentice Imagineer

I have got a Citroen Picasso and it's been great. Plenty of space for car seats and easy to get babies in and out because the car is that bit higher, so you're not bending down the whole time. Large boot and higher driving position - totally recommend

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
2009 Villa, Clearwater and POR / 2011 Villa Lake Berkley 2013 Townhouse Lake Berkley 2016 New York - Nashville - Memphis - Tampa - Universal Studios
2017 NYC, 2018 NYC
KATIEMAC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 10, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

The new C-max that is coming out shortly is very nice - we had a good look at one last week at a specially invited Ford day at Donington park last week, we also took out an S-max for a test drive and that was lovely too.
After having a VW Sharan for the last 4 years, I couldn't go back to a small car.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 10, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

I have a Vauxhall Meriva - 1.4 Breeze (petrol), cheap to insure/tax etc fairly easy on fuel. I did have a Corsa SXi, '02 from new until '05 when I changed to the Meriva (55 plate) because Ethan was 1 year old and we hoped to have another baby & the Corsa was only a 3 dr. I've not even done 20,000 miles since new (5 years). I like the space in the boot - I think it's classed as an MPV, (they guy at the car wash does anyway ) but it's got the small car economy I needed to justify it for a 2nd car (I call it a stretch corsa) I easily manage to get 3 car seats in the back. Maintenance has been cheap on it too, well non-existent,but that's probably down to the mileage I do.

In fact it was a better family car than Tommy's 3 series BMW ('06 shape) and had far better boot space - we actually used the Meriva to travel to Manchester last year as we couldn't get the suitcases in the BMW. We've just got a new A4 S-line, so hopefully not got the same problem.

There had been problems reported with the EPS on some - I would suggest googling any car you are interested in i.e. "Vauxhall Meriva problems " and see what it throws up. Have fun looking and test driving - I love car shopping.
Old 22 Oct 10, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
golden james
slightly serious Dibber

Me
What do you drive ? Recently took delivery of my new Aston Martin DB9
What made you choose that car ? It has always been my dream car.
Are you happy with your choice ? Very much so
Is it resonable to get fixed if you've needed to? Not really but got 3 years warranty. Service price £1200

And because Ive had my Dream car then my dw wanted a new one sooo...

What do you drive ? Mercedes ML
What made you choose that car ? cos its better than the works van i used to make her drive.
Are you happy with your choice ? She loves it.
Is it resonable to get fixed if you've needed to? Not bad service price around £300.

James
golden james is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 10, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
colinzy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by golden james View Post
Me
What do you drive ? Recently took delivery of my new Aston Martin DB9
What made you choose that car ? It has always been my dream car.
Are you happy with your choice ? Very much so
Is it resonable to get fixed if you've needed to? Not really but got 3 years warranty. Service price £1200

And because Ive had my Dream car then my dw wanted a new one sooo...

What do you drive ? Mercedes ML
What made you choose that car ? cos its better than the works van i used to make her drive.
Are you happy with your choice ? She loves it.
Is it resonable to get fixed if you've needed to? Not bad service price around £300.

James
Are you serious?
Old 22 Oct 10, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
golden james
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by colinzy View Post
Are you serious?
Yeah why?

James
golden james is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread