Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Nov 10, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Weightwatchers Pro Points

Well it has launched today, and all your foods in the tracker should have been updated with the new points value. I just had to go in and edit some of mine as they had different amounts that i'd eaten, so instead of 2 slices of bread it was showing 4, etc.

But even after editing, i still only have 22 'treat' points left for the rest of the week! *lol* Looks like i'll be living on white fish and salad for dinner till Friday!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 10, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
EmmaSmith
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi!

Can you advice me on what the main differences between the old points system and the new system me and hubbybhve Ben working off my old books but I am thinking of going back to learn the new program!?

I did hear that bow all veg is free points is that true?
EmmaSmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 10, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I cancelled my WW subscription a little while ago and got an e-mail about this today. Has it changed enough to add interest and a new incentive. I have used WW in the past and it works well but I got bored. I have about another half stone left to shift and need inspiration!:pop:
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 10, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

I would deffo suggest either going to a meeting to find out more about the plan, as the old Discover plan and the new Pro Points are completely different. Here's a segment from their website:

The ProPoints® plan has replaced the old weight loss system, the POINTS® system. All Weight Watchers members and subscribers now use the ProPoints plan.

Weight Watchers has built on the trusted POINTS plan to create the ProPoints plan, using updated science. ProPoints values take into account how much energy is available to your body after you've eaten a food — and how satisfying it is - giving you a more accurate measure of how that food affects your weight loss efforts than simply looking at calories on food labels.

Of course, the ProPoints plan retains some important aspects of the old POINTS plan; it's still an easy to use, simple to learn counting system and there’s still an emphasis on tracking and portion control. But the ProPoints plan is a whole new weight loss system, with loads of flexibility and including the concept of Weight Watchers Filling & Healthy foods, to help you make effective food choices.

All fruit and veg now have a zero points value, and you have to eat all your points every day, you can't carry them over, however, you get 49 points per week to spend on 'treats'. My points value per day has gone up from 23 to 30, but certain things are higher in points so it kind of evens out.
Old 8 Nov 10, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Nail queen
Imagineer

Nail queen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
So you still count points, they have just adjusted the way the points are calculated on foods? That doesn't sound completely different to me
BTW I am at WW at the moment and have dipped in and out of it for years on and off and they are forever tweaking with the system and relaunching it as something different, I suppose just to keep interest levels up.
Old 8 Nov 10, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
philo2
Apprentice Imagineer

I have just rejoined a few weeks ago and Im going to give this new Pro points a go. See if I can loose the weight I put on in florida. :0)
philo2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 10, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nail queen View Post
So you still count points, they have just adjusted the way the points are calculated on foods? That doesn't sound completely different to me
BTW I am at WW at the moment and have dipped in and out of it for years on and off and they are forever tweaking with the system and relaunching it as something different, I suppose just to keep interest levels up.
Well yeah, if you put it like that, then it's the same concept just the way the points are worked out it different, on the old plan a banana and certain chocolates were similar in points, whereas now, bananas are free... so it's more geared towards helping people make healthy choices than before. I have also bounced between WW and SW for the past 3 years, back giving it one final go, as i like the fact that the new system is more geared toward people who have a active social life!
Old 8 Nov 10, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
paulap
Imagineer

Joined on-line (AGAIN) at 7am this morning - thought it best to get in early. Haven't had a chance to have a proper look yet - will do that this afternoon.
Old 8 Nov 10, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KES
Imagineer

KES's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our leader is going to tell us about the new plan tonight-If it's too much faffing, I'll continue to use the normal points system
LBV Village Resort & Spa 1/09
LBV Village Resort & Spa 10/09
KES is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 10, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

It's pretty straight forward, you still log your points on the online tracker and can still search for food or put in the NV and it will tell you the points value. The main thing is getting your head around being allowed more points per week.. but as certain things are higher in points it averages out. It does seem as if a lot of people are on the same amount of points even if their weight is a lot different, but i am sure WW know what they are doing!
Closed Thread