Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 11 Oct 13, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCrazy68
slightly serious Dibber

Parking at WDW hotels for off-site visitors

Thinking of booking a breakfast at a WDW hotel, possibly Polynesion.
As off-site guests can we park at the hotel? If so, is there a time limit? We wouldn't be visiting the parks that day, but would like to visit the Grand Floridian to see the Gingerbread House.
Thanks

26 States (+DC) visited (several more than once!), 24 still to go!
DisneyCrazy68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you have a dining reservation the guard at security will have you on a list and allow 2 (I think it's 2) hours parking at the resort
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mum22boys1girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCrazy68 View Post
As off-site guests can we park at the hotel? If so, is there a time limit? We wouldn't be visiting the parks that day, but would like to visit the Grand Floridian to see the Gingerbread House.
Thanks
Gingerbread house? Tell me more! Please! X
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mum22boys1girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dvc View Post
If you have a dining reservation the guard at security will have you on a list and allow 2 (I think it's 2) hours parking at the resort
Ok, so I couldn't just park there and look around. It's be best to park at theme parks and use transportation for a nosey around? X
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes you can. Esp if you have an ADR. We have often had to show ID (we take Drivers license). I think that the normal expectation is that you can stay for around 3 hours. (Note - I've always assumed it is 3 but note the point above about 2 hrs ! )

I tend to pay for valet parking in any case so that I can wander off / take longer if I want to without getting into difficulties.

The Poly and the Contemporary are particularly strict I think as they are used to people turning up for O'Hanas / Chef Mickeys and then just wandering into the parks.

If valet parked you can go to the Poly for Brekkie and then onto the GF then carry on your wander to MK and get the ferry back across the lagoon and then the monorail back from the TTC to the Poly - so that you have a couple of hours of nosying without going to the parks and without worrying about parking fines.

enjoy the breakfast. A walk to the GF is probably a good idea - after that little lot !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
seellee
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by DisneyCrazy68 View Post
Thanks
You'll be ok as you have reservations, as long as you don't spend hours there. If you are worried just ask security at the gate. Most resorts as long as there's nothing special going on will let you park for 2-3 hours if you want to have a look around.

However it is not acceptable to park at the resorts to get out of paying the parking fees at the parks. I'm pretty sure they can tow cars that overstay their welcome.
seellee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mum22boys1girl View Post
It won't be there in August, it goes up for Christmas.
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
seellee
Proud to wear my Ears

Ok, so I couldn't just park there and look around. It's be best to park at theme parks and use transportation for a nosey around? X
You can as long as they aren't busy and have no special events on but as has been said you'll have up to 3 hours I think. It's to stop people parking there and going to the parks.
seellee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCrazy68
slightly serious Dibber

This is last year's.
wdwmagic/resorts/disn...house-2012.htm

DisneyCrazy68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 13, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCrazy68
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks all
3 hours would probably be enough, not sure 2 hours would.
I had thought about parking in the MK parking lot, but as it's the Christmas/New Year period and we're aiming for a late-ish time I was a bit concerned about the MK parking lot being closed, due to reaching max capacity.

Closed Thread