Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 15, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

The minefield that is Vegas Hotels...

Hi everyone,

This Vegas hotel thing is scaring me...!

I'm looking for a decent one for around £100 a night, that isn't going to charge me crazy resort fees when I get there, preferably on the strip and that isn't disgusting and dirty lol!

Any recommendations? xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 15, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've recently booked the aria for £100 for the night we're staying there, includes 2 free buffets. Booked through smartervegas/
Also booked vdara for 2 nights through them, corner suite, which was cheaper than that
That's including the resort fee

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21

Edited at 06:16 PM.
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 15, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
STRESSED MOTHER
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Hi everyone,

This Vegas hotel thing is scaring me...!

I'm looking for a decent one for around £100 a night, that isn't going to charge me crazy resort fees when I get there, preferably on the strip and that isn't disgusting and dirty lol!

Any recommendations? xx

try the vdara - we stayed there in 2011 - a non gambling hotel with just rooms and restaurant/bar - which is brill when you want to just get back to your room and not fight your way through all the people - right next door to bellagio and you can see the fountains through the window - all suite rooms and very good price
STRESSED MOTHER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 15, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Check out LowcostUSA.com - lots of their prices include resort fees and we've been looking for 8-10mths and they have nearly always been the cheapest. We have 2 hotels booked with them for next month
Prices vary widely depending on time of year and what's going on!
I'd stick with 4* and above if you can which should be doable. Lots of nice ones which get good reviews on here are...Mirage, Venetian, Bellagio, Tropicana, MGM, New York, Planet Hollywood and Mandalay Bay. Some of those are much more expensive than others but you can get such good bargains that you still might find them within your budget if you look at the right time!
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 15, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

That's a very comfortable budget for a Vegas hotel - they are ridiculously cheap for what you get!

The only thing to watch out for are large conventions which bump up the price considerably - and Fri / Sats are more too
Old 1 Mar 15, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

In our order of preference (all less than £100/night when we stayed):

Venetian
Signature
Mandalay Bay / THE hotel
Vdara

Loved the Venetian for location, wonderful room and the general atmosphere. Totally my favourite of the ones we stayed in.

Signature was great for the huge size, and the fabulous MGM pool. MGM didn't rock my world as the layout confused the life out of me

Mandalay Bay (we stayed at THEHotel but it's changed to something else now) loved themeing, shops and dining options, the pool. The location is ok - some people don't like it being so far south - we didn't mind that too much but definitely preferred the Venetian

Vdara - very nice hotel - we had a huge suite - wouldn't return though as it just didn't feel like we were in Vegas - sounds ridiculous but felt like I was on a business trip or something - it didn't have a personality!
Old 1 Mar 15, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
In our order of preference (all less than £100/night when we stayed):

Venetian
Signature
Mandalay Bay / THE hotel
Vdara

Loved the Venetian for location, wonderful room and the general atmosphere. Totally my favourite of the ones we stayed in.

Signature was great for the huge size, and the fabulous MGM pool. MGM didn't rock my world as the layout confused the life out of me

Mandalay Bay (we stayed at THEHotel but it's changed to something else now) loved themeing, shops and dining options, the pool. The location is ok - some people don't like it being so far south - we didn't mind that too much but definitely preferred the Venetian

Vdara - very nice hotel - we had a huge suite - wouldn't return though as it just didn't feel like we were in Vegas - sounds ridiculous but felt like I was on a business trip or something - it didn't have a personality!
Karen that is AMAZINGLY helpful think you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 15, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
For that budget you could get a room almost anywhere on the strip but yes the resort fees are a killer , the big hotels are now $30ish per night before tax, huge rip off

Public holidays weekends and major events do bump up the price alot though .

Lowcostusa sometimes say no resort fee but I'm pretty sure its added in somwhere that said when I did book with them they were by far the cheapest .

Travel Republic usually have some good deals .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 15, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

We have just booked 2 nights using hotels.com as we collect the free nights (for every 10 you book you get 1 free). You can also get Quidco cashbook booking this way as well.

We have Caesars for £130 (inc resort fees) on a Friday on Nascar weekens - so not too bad

And MGM was £58 on midweek night.

TBH as we only have 2 nights either side of our drive out to Grand Canyon etc we have chosen hotels for the shows that we wanted to see as we won't have time to stroll the strip on this trip.

We loved the Encore when we stayed there a few years ago (but that would be hard to get for £100) and THE hotel.

Good luck.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 15, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread