Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Mar 15, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hcollins16
Excited about Disney

disney wedding planning help!

Ive just got engaged YAY

So we have always discussed for years about getting married in disney (Obviously). We are out there in october and i just wondered if anyone knew if when we are out there is it possible to meet with anyone to discuss venue reception etc.

Any advice would be great im so confused with it all, do they advise you on where is good to have a meal/reception etc. im so confused with it all.

Thanks
hcollins16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 15, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
hcollins16
Excited about Disney

anyone ?

i just want to know if i can arrange to meet with anyone to look around at venues
hcollins16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 15, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Kim
Imagineer

I don't see why not. Give them a ring before you go out there.

Kim
Kim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 15, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations. First off have you been on the DFTW website to get first ideas of packages and prices? Second i recommend you buy Carries book. (I will get you the link). Third when are you thinking about getting married?

But yes you can arrange a site visit with Disney.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 15, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Mobile

disneytravelbabble/disney...sney-weddings/
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 15, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
hcollins16
Excited about Disney

Thank you

ive looked on the website and we know we want to do the wishes package and we are looking at October 2017. Ive seen people mention about the sago cay desert party which we both want to do.

Im just confused as i feel like there is so much i want to do but just nice to speak to people about it. Then i dont know whether to keep it all within the same location and have a meal at a disney hotel or go elsewhere. Just any suggestions/tips would be great.

thanks for the link ill have a look.

Thanks
Old 6 Mar 15, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hcollins16 View Post
Thank you

ive looked on the website and we know we want to do the wishes package and we are looking at October 2017. Ive seen people mention about the sago cay desert party which we both want to do.

Im just confused as i feel like there is so much i want to do but just nice to speak to people about it. Then i dont know whether to keep it all within the same location and have a meal at a disney hotel or go elsewhere. Just any suggestions/tips would be great.

thanks for the link ill have a look.

Thanks
I would read Carrie's book and then come back here to ask any questions you have.

You can do a site visit on your trip you need to book this in advance. they don't normally do them that far in advance so either fib about your date or be insist that as you are from the UK you won't be able to come again. They will only give you very basic info though.

I see you are in Essex, me too.
Old 6 Mar 15, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Another Essex girl to add to the mix.

We have our memories package booked for August this year. They won't normally book until six months before but I did email them earlier and they were happy to answer any questions I had.

I don't think they'll accompany you to view the venue, although all the venues I believe are accessible by the General public anyway. It wasn't an issue for us as we'd been before.

So far our Disney Wedding contact has been brilliant. I've been dealing with the same person, who has explained each stage of the booking process clearly and provided lots of information, including other service providers, such as ministers, hair and make up artists etc.

We're only having a small wedding - just six of us altogether so maybe that makes it less complicated but as Disney have a great service ethic I can't see why their wedding services would be any different.

My advice is research, research, research and you won't go wrong.

Good luck and enjoy the planning 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post

How many guests would you be having etc as that will help you decide on which package to go for.

Memories is for up to 6 people inc the bride and groom, includes the ceremony and photography and transportation and bridal bouquet

Escape is for up to 20 people inc the bride and groom, includes the ceremony, a cake cutting champagne reception after the ceremony, 2 hours of photography, annual passes, transportation, floral for the bride and buttonhole for the groom

Wishes is for over 20 guests and is al a carte - you have to spend a minmum amount of money under certain headings such as ceremony, food and beverage and enhancements.

Disney's website is really helpful now to give you an idea of costs and Carrie's book is to die for it's brilliant
Old 7 Mar 15, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Also I should mention Disney can be hard to tie down before certain dates depending on the package you choose. 6 months out for Memories, 9 months out for Escape and 16 months out for Wishes.

If you book a site visit give them an estimated date of something within those timeframes. They will be able to show you venues depending on your number of guests but they won't really talk too much about money at that point as especially wishes and anything else you want to add more food to they won't confirm the pricing until 6 months out x
Closed Thread