Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Mar 16, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Help needed - dresses for Curvier Bride

Hi I am a long time lurker on this board as love reading about weddings and just rejoined with new id etc.
I know this is a long shot but I remember reading a thread about a Curvy Bride who found an gorgeous wedding dress, 3/4 length and very different. From memory she went on to model for the Company. Does this ring bells with anyone or you may be the DIBB Member ?
If so I would really appreciate the companies name to pass on to a bride to be.
My Niece is 27 and larger side and struggling to find a dress that is not frumpy or mumsy so is getting a bit disheartened.
Many thanks for reading
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

not sure if this will help but I am a curvy lady myself and am getting married in Vegas in September . I've recently been wedding dress shopping with a friend and there's a shop in Arbroath which sells sample dresses and preloved gowns in all sizes. They had a healthy selection of plus sized gowns that she could try on. I know from experience there's nothing worse than going into a bridal shop and being surrounded by size 12 dresses that you can't get over your thighs.

Maybe at least this way she could try on some dresses that fit and get an idea of what style suits. The shop is cherished brides and they have a Facebook page.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Hi is this the one you are thinking of?

It's a fab report:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...72#post8406872

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...ighlight=Sarah

Edited at 08:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
Jedi Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
Lucky you getting married in Vegas - I always wanted to get married in Florida but family and hubbie vetoed it so went on honeymoon (back in 1995).
My niece lives near Aberdeen so not too far from Arbroath so will pass the details on. Thanks for your help and hope you manage to find a fantastic dress.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
Fantastic, that's the one I knew dibbers would come to the rescue ! I loved their story and trip report but couldn't remember her user name and have hunted the boards.
After having gone to Florida for over 20 years, lurking here on and off this has jolted me into becoming a more active member as you are such a lovely bunch of people. My husband thought I was mad posting such a random question so thanks soo much Jedi Princess
Old 6 Mar 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Have a look at this company , don't know if there store is near you though sorry.

wed2b/locations/sc...es-glasgow.php
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

You're very welcome Mel49

I'm sure your niece will look gorgeous on her wedding day.
Old 6 Mar 16, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
Brilliant as there is one not too far away - my niece will be in her element when I pass on all this info. Need a thanks button Thanks Dreamcatcher.

Edited at 08:53 PM.
Old 7 Mar 16, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

I really struggled at the thought of going dress shopping when we got married and was so lucky that the shop I chose to look in first had a selection of small and larger sizes.

My dress was literally the first dress I saw and they had just got it in that day and were in the process of putting it on a mannequin.

I think it was Phoenix Bridal Gown or something like that but it was called 'Jasmine' which I loved

Hope your niece get's her dress sorted

Edit: I just found it online!

creationweddings/pr...l-gown-b662-2/

creationweddings/pr...dal-gown-b662/

I had it full length and removed the extra under skirt thingy so it was less boofy but apparently some people were having it shorter instead too!

Edited at 04:59 PM.
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 16, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
The dress looks beautiful, thanks for posting. There is obviously a lot of choice out there for every shape and size and I will pass all the info on when I see her at the weekend. She will think I am crazy when I tell her how I got it all !
Closed Thread