Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Jan 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Disney resort parking charges, part stay

Hi,
staying at pofq for 2 weeks in May but only hiring a car for the middle of the trip (7 days), just checking with anyone who has done this will we be able to just pay for 7 days parking or will Disney make us pay parking for our full 14 night stay?

Thanks in advance for any replies 😊
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. they cannot charge you for something you aren't using. But!
Keep an eye on your Guest Folio to ensure you pay only what you should.

This came up the other day as well albeit it didn't get much response. Similar situation as you.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1156741

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Be interesting to see how this pans out - I'd be pretty sure (in fact, I'm banking on it!) they can't charge for the full stay, only for the rental period/time the car's on site.

We have a 21 day stay this August, and a car rental for seven days. $19/night for 14 non-parking nights adds up to a pretty penny! Ours situation is further (self inflicted) complicated by the fact we'll be going for a jaunt to Key West during the period we have the car for three nights (well, overnight Miami, two Key West), so not sure whether to tell them we'll be off-site (thus hopefully not being charged for three nights' parking) or not. We've never told them before when we've done a night or two at Universal for Express passes, but that was back in the days of free parking.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Found this that answers the question fully. I have copied a bit in bold but the whole link is worth reading.

disneyholidays/walt...d/faq/parking/

Q. If I take Disney’s Magical Express to my hotel, and then rent a car and want to park, but not for the full length of my stay, will I be charged for the full length of stay or per night?

A. Overnight self-parking is charged per night, per vehicle.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Found this that answers the question fully. I have copied a bit in bold but the whole link is worth reading.

disneyholidays/walt...d/faq/parking/

Q. If I take Disney’s Magical Express to my hotel, and then rent a car and want to park, but not for the full length of my stay, will I be charged for the full length of stay or per night?

Brilliant thank you! 👍
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

right, and that's what one would go by when challenging an overcharge

what it does not answer is how they enforce, or check on this

simple roleplay :
- CM at check in : do you have a car ?
- guest : no, we'll rent if for 7 of our 21 stays
- CM : no problem
(CM uses the car field drop down menu on their screen and selects "yes")
(Disney system registers : charge * 21
- CM : you're all set

what's never been made clear is how they account for the overnight parking. Going by room key swipes at the gate does not discriminate between entry for your length of stay rental car, or entry on a uber, or a day rental

it should, but nobody ever made it clear how it was done.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
fitzybhoy
Getting Excited

This saves me opening another thread on a similar question.

We are also planning on only taking car for middle 7 nights of 14 for going off-site, first and last days of holiday will be Disney so just using transportation system.

We stayed at CSR last October and found we were getting charged parking every day even though UK guests were exempt at that time. Simply challenged front desk and they were wiped, so no issue there.

Question is, how will they apply it? Will it be a magic band scan to enter the resort at the electronic gates?

Not sure at other resorts but there is a large car park at CSR near the convention centre that you can drive into without going through any electronic gates. What's to stop parking there or will that be a tow zone overnight?
fitzybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 04:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I check in on Saturday in a hire car, but I'm dropping it off at the car care place the same day. I'll update this thread to let people know what happens.

It's daft really as I've been into other hotels for a meal etc. There's nothing to stop me just telling the guard I'm there for breakfast and then my car won't be recorded as arriving on site and I won't be charged.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
It will be interesting to see how this all pans out for those on here who are renting for only 'part stay'

However it's non issue really as by monitoring your Guest Folio the issue can be spotted and dealt with in one phone call from the room.

Took me 2 mins to get my May 19 charges removed when we had a week at CSR on a cash booking and they hadn't applied the UK exemption.

It's not for the Guest to prove they don't have a car on a particular night it's Disney who have to prove they do.

As we know Disney does err on the side of caution anyhow as we see how much they are 'comping' recently. Keep the Guest happy!

Edited at 07:55 AM.
Old 14 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out for those on here who are renting for only 'part stay'

However it's non issue really as by monitoring your Guest Folio the issue can be spotted and dealt with in one phone call from the room.

Took me 2 mins to get my May 19 charges removed when we had a week at CSR on a cash booking and they hadn't applied the UK exemption.

It's not for the Guest to prove they don't have a car on a particular night it's Disney who have to prove they do.

As we know Disney does err on the side of caution anyhow as we see how much they are 'comping' recently. Keep the Guest happy!
Yeah I reckon it'll be easy to get them to remove the charges. Personally I think you shouldn't have to. They could easily issue parking permits if they wanted to.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List