Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jan 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Deliveries

I know coming up to Christmas a few people had issues with deliveries my daughter included.
Is it ok or normal for delivery firms (yodel & Hermes) to leave your order at your front door when no one is home!?
No porch, just plonked at the side of the door in full view of anyone passing! Then send an email to say it’s been safely delivered!
I thought it would either be left with a neighbour or a note so that a suitable delivery be arranged?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I know coming up to Christmas a few people had issues with deliveries my daughter included.
Is it ok or normal for delivery firms (yodel & Hermes) to leave your order at your front door when no one is home!?
No porch, just plonked at the side of the door in full view of anyone passing! Then send an email to say it’s been safely delivered!
I thought it would either be left with a neighbour or a note so that a suitable delivery be arranged?
Unfortunately yes it is normal, but no, it is not OK..

Our postman does it too. Had a magazine delivery yesterday, too big to fit through letterbox because of attached gubbins - was soaked through as the plastic cover was torn. Had to ring up to rearrange.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t know what the legal right is.
My poor neighbour is in a flap. Delivery company sent an email sent to say delivery safely delivered and a note was pushed through her door saying ‘delivery left in porch behind plant’
She doesn’t have a porch! She does have a small plant pot near front door though. No delivery when she got home from work!
The delivery was supposed to arrive today which is her day off.
She has check with me & her other neighbour.
Why say it’s been left in a porch when there is no porch!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

I don’t know what the legal right is.
My poor neighbour is in a flap. Delivery company sent an email sent to say delivery safely delivered and a note was pushed through her door saying ‘delivery left in porch behind plant’
She doesn’t have a porch! She does have a small plant pot near front door though. No delivery when she got home from work!
The delivery was supposed to arrive today which is her day off.
She has check with me & her other neighbour.
Why say it’s been left in a porch when there is no porch!
Because they lie...

We've had things stuck in recycling bins or bags, on top of crushed cans of Diet Coke and empty bottles of plonk and Coors Light; left propped up against the wall, in a garden waste bin atop grass cuttings, "signed-for" when we weren't in...

Once had a big lego set left "in a safe place" according to the card through the door, which was nowhere to be seen... someone helped themselves to a three figure sum Pirates of the Caribbean lego pirate ship for free that day.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

She needs to ring the supplier - her "contract" is with them.

Ring to say the goods have not arrived despite a card informing her that they are somewhere that does not physically exist. They should arrange a redelivery. It is up to them to deal with the delivery company.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
She needs to ring the supplier - her "contract" is with them.

Ring to say the goods have not arrived despite a card informing her that they are somewhere that does not physically exist. They should arrange a redelivery. It is up to them to deal with the delivery company.
This.

Contact the supplier, don't even waste your time with the delivery company.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
This.

Contact the supplier, don't even waste your time with the delivery company.
Yes she has contacted the supplier. She sent a photo of the note and her front door too.
I just wondered if delivery companies are allowed to do this?
It’s very worrying to think it could have been stolen from her doorstep.
I was at the hospital most of the day with my daughter and her other neighbour was out but even so the delivery person should not have just left it outside surely?
Old 14 Jan 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes she has contacted the supplier. She sent a photo of the note and her front door too.
I just wondered if delivery companies are allowed to do this?
It’s very worrying to think it could have been stolen from her doorstep.
I was at the hospital most of the day with my daughter and her other neighbour was out but even so the delivery person should not have just left it outside surely?
Its not illegal but if the item is damaged or stolen then the delivery company is liable to the people who contracted them to deliver (depending on the terms of their contract). This part is largely irrelevant as it is the obligation of the seller to deliver the item so if it doesn't get to you because it has been stolen or if it is damaged because it was left outside the Seller has to replace or refund. The main exception was if you said on delivery instructions to leave it somewhere outside as then you have to take some of the risk of it being stolen.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I've complained endlessly about Yodel. If you leave them a bad review on Trustpilot (which I do every time they 'deliver') you get an automated email asking you to contact customer services - who are then very apologetic but do nothing
Now I just complain to supplier every time. That's the only way for people to get them to deal with the delivery company

Yodel ALWAYS leave my parcels in the porch I don't have. They don't even ring the bell - I'm usually in
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List