Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jan 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Other Rides(not Rotr) in Hollywood Studios early morning

Can anyone who has been recently give some insight into what HS is like at present. In particular I've heard a podcast describing 2 hr waits for all rides at 7.15am on a 7am opening this week.

Given large crowds are descending early for ROTR boarding groups I suppose it makes sense the crowds are staying and jumping on rides.

It makes me nervous about our trip- We just wont wait 2 hours for most rides and usually use the first few hours of opening after rope drop to knock of a few rides- combine this with the FP situation HS just sounds lie a nightmare at the minute.

Shows don't start until mid morning either.

As much as I like the idea of boarding groups helping ease a 4 hr queue for rotr I'm not liking the idea of the crowds all morning. Does it get better in the evening. I've never found the evening to thin out that much in the past.

Has anyone been recently and can give us some tips on how best to attack this park

Edited at 12:45 PM.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I got on Towewr of Terror in 30 mins. Then the rest were a waste of time queues were so big, so we left. That was going in at 7am after getting my boarding group. After TOT (now 7.45) we stood in single rider queue for Rock and Roll, but it never moved in 20 mins so we gave up. We went to Epcot on the Skyliner instead.
Second week we had unlimited any park fastpasses so I did not pay as much attention.

Edited at 11:03 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I got on Towewr of Terror in 30 mins. Then the rest were a waste of time queues were so big, so we left. That was going in at 7am after getting my boarding group. After TOT (now 7.45) we stood in single rider queue for Rock and Roll, but it never moved in 20 mins so we gave up. We went to Epcot on the Skyliner instead.
Second week we had unlimited any park fastpasses so I did not pay as much attention.
How did you get those passes?
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
How did you get those passes?
See my BLT review in the DVC thread!
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
Can anyone who has been recently give some insight into what HS is like at present. In particular I've heard a podcast describing 2 hr waits for all rides at 7.15am on a 7am opening this week.

Given large crowds are descending early for ROTR boarding groups I suppose it makes sense the crowds are staying and jumping on rides.

It makes me nervous about our trip- We just wont wait 2 hours for most rides and usually use the first few hours of opening after rope drop to knock of a few rides- combine this with the FP situation HS just sounds lie a nightmare at the minute.

Shows don't start until mid morning either.

As much as I like the idea of boarding groups helping ease a 4 hr queue for rotr I'm not liking the idea of the crowds all morning. Does it get better in the evening. I've never found the evening to thin out that much in the past.

Has anyone been recently and can give us some tips on how best to attack this park
I did not realise the impact on the other rides but it does make sense.
We like to arrive at parks for opening and get the rides done in the morning whilst it’s quiet.
I think the Mickey & Minnie train will also be open when we go in July ? So probably even more busier.
I am not quite sure how we will tackle this because large queues are just a big no for us with our children.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It’s worth remembering that you don’t go for another 4 months according to your countdown. By that time things will probably have changed. The park hours show that Hollywood Studios opens at 9am when you go (not 7am as it is now), although that could change between now and then. So HS may not be open early when you go.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:46 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List