Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jan 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The detail in the ride is amazing- watch the little touches- like the shadows on the characters (which are actually on a screen) projected on the cell roof, or the video out of the window of the transport shuttles up and down- actually changes from day to dusk to night, depending on what the real world is outside. The ride is a masterpiece.
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
AndyA06
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Whilst I don't think the land is as much of a flop as feared (due to RotR opening) to say that because of people getting there early to get a BG makes it a success is also wrong.

They will judge it on many aspects. people riding and enjoying one ride is good but is the land as a whole bringing in numbers, getting people to stay in the land and part with their cash. Are people just riding and then heading to ToT or RRC?

I do think it's been considered (and is still being considered) as under performing but I can't see them changing the name/timeline anytime soon.
AndyA06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by AndyA06 View Post
I do think it's been considered (and is still being considered) as under performing but I can't see them changing the name/timeline anytime soon.
What is the assessment criteria?

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
If you are basing your opinion on Tim Tracker and his 2k sweater, I would have a think about your choice of reviewer
Then check out the Lodge Guys review. They were there a few days ago and didn't think it was all that special.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBH I don't think it matters what they call it, it's still "Starwars land" & I don't see how changing a name does anything. My thoughts are the Disney have gone for a quick buck & not sure how long they can sustain it, to explain: Plenty of guests, when we were there, buying/building Lightsabers & Droids but at that price point they aren't something that you will buy every trip IYKWIM. Can't comment on ROTR, as it wasn't open, but I don't think I'd care if I never rode Smuggler's run ever again! I honestly think that they didn't really think it through, got the idea & stuck rigidly to it, lets face it there are only 2 seats worth having, wouldn't even be so bad if the gunners & engineers faced the screen so of the 6 I'd guess 2 are going wow & the remaining 4 are going meh!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Considering we still haven't seen any proof of this I guess this is just one persons opinion ?

To be honest at first I was a little under excited by Galaxys Edge but with the introduction of ROTR which is being said to be the greatest dark ride ever created (by people I respect and can trust) I can't wait to get there in May

Purposely avoiding any info about the ride content.

I don't know any of the details on the business aspects but my last trip to Disney I spent one day at HS and my next trip sees me going 4 times (2 full days and 2 evenings) so I can do the various things, try the new food (and old) and drinks in Galaxy edge etc etc - also at a pace so I can enjoy it ( I want to take my time with my drinks in Ogans etc.

So my family's foot fall has increased next time with the investment that has gone into the park. I imagine more family's will be spending longer there as well. There are 5 new rides since last time I went and all will generate big queues.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
Apparently even though you need to queue up at 4am to get on its marquee attraction Ge is a business flop and may be rebranded as soon as the spring. Apparently its the black spire aspect which will go to allow more familiar characters to be used removing the timeline specific items. More if a Starwars land I assume.

Is there a source you can link to for this please?
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
TBH I don't think it matters what they call it, it's still "Starwars land" & I don't see how changing a name does anything. My thoughts are the Disney have gone for a quick buck & not sure how long they can sustain it, to explain: Plenty of guests, when we were there, buying/building Lightsabers & Droids but at that price point they aren't something that you will buy every trip IYKWIM. Can't comment on ROTR, as it wasn't open, but I don't think I'd care if I never rode Smuggler's run ever again! I honestly think that they didn't really think it through, got the idea & stuck rigidly to it, lets face it there are only 2 seats worth having, wouldn't even be so bad if the gunners & engineers faced the screen so of the 6 I'd guess 2 are going wow & the remaining 4 are going meh!
SD
I think you are right and wrong... I would be shocked if Disney didn't have a long term plan for the future. Probably a number of plans depending on how popular or not it remains.

I would imagine that the droid / light saber builds will morph over time and probably be replaced with gift shops or more eating options..
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i've not really been keeping up to speed with star wars land recently, but are people seriously queuing outside the park in the middle of the night just so they can get on it?!

is this likely to subside by october? i'm not even sure i can be bothered if this is the case...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

It was absolutely rammed in there over the Christmas 2 weeks there were very long queues for everything, you couldn't even take a decent photo of anything due to the amount of people, we are hoping it might have calmed down by next year. We went in to buy 12 bottles of the worlds most expensive coca cola as presents for the kids friends and left swiftly afterwards.

Edited at 02:29 PM.
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List