Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Feb 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Pick a villa close enough to Disney and by the time you factor in $25 a day for parking as well as car hire UberLyft May be a better option.
Odds are if they are a bit older you may find with space and your own pool it may be an entirely different holiday and not just all about the parks.
Another thought is you could split your stay , week all in one room is a lot more bearable if you know you’ll be moving to a villa with space and privacy for week two.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

7th trip this year all on site at Disney, sharing a room doesn’t bother us or the kids we use the room as a base for sleeping and showering.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are a family of 5 , we tend to stay in villas as we all like our own space. We did have one night on i drive in a hotel that had 2 beds with a living room/kitchenette. It was really nice and we probably could've done that for a holiday had our ds not been on a sofa bed (not a problem for family of 4).
We had an Airbnb nightmare in cali last year and had to go to a motel where the kids had to share a room 2 dds (17,15) sharing a double bed and ds (20) in the same room. They were great about it but after 4 days were relieved to have their own space in a villa.
I think it depends on ur teens, mine had gf/bf so wanted the privacy to face time etc. Xx
Old 4 Feb 20, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

We wouldn't share with ours now 15 and 18 but never have apart from the night before at the airport.
Last time we went they were 13 and 10 and had their own rooms offsite apartment.
First year 8 and 11 and had 3 bedrooms at Art of Animation.

Don't really think it's right to share at teen age , maybe a night or two max so yes will cost you ,if you go offsite you can get a spacious apartment?

Edited at 12:04 AM.
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

My two daughters and I are staying in a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment in the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa. We love it there.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve always shared , except for last trip when eldest sons girlfriend came with us, and will do on the next trip in 2021 when the “kids” will be 25 & 23. Both are boys but have never shared a bed as the younger one rocks in his sleep so we just ask for a room with a sofa bed and that works just fine.

We only use the room for sleeping and we just make sure that the morning routine is carried out like a military manoeuvre 🤣🤣
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

You know what works for your family. Personally, my family would kill each other! We've booked either condo type accommodation, or a villa, where we've got minimum of 2 bedrooms, and where we've booked hotels, we've booked 2 rooms. I will share with one child, my husband with the other. My boys are 14 and 12 and can barely breath the same air, let alone share a bed!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We normally stay off site in a villa, but last year did 5 nights in a 1 bed at OKW. Although the kids slept in the lounge, they each had their own bed.

This year we’re in a villa, but also got 2 nights at HRH and 2 nights at OKW (in a studio). Me and Dd will share a bed and DH and DS will share. We couldn’t do more than a couple of nights in a single hotel room.
Old 4 Feb 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed off site and have always had 2 rooms, one for me and my daughter and one for the 2 boys, we could not have afforded to do this on site.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We don’t stay onsite

But my “ kids “ are nearly 18 & 21 and we always share one hotel rooms and never have a issue .
Of late our baby granddaughter has also been with us .

It’s never been a issue and we will all share again in May for 2 weeks .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List