Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Feb 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Hollywood studios QS - why are there reservations on MDE?

Hi do you now need to book tables to dine at QS at Hollywood Studios? I notice times available on MDE but didn’t realise you had to book these. My ADR day is Thursday so any help is appreciated.
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

You cannot and do not need to book ADRs for the majority of QS restaurants. There are four exceptions, one of which is in Hollywood Studios, namely ABC Commissary.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

My ADR day is also Thursday

Is it worth booking ABC Commissary? the menu looks good for us all, is it possible to walk in without a reservation?
I'm cautious of booking too many and tieing us down as I'm already planning to book BOG breakfast, Restaurantasaurus, Pizzafari, Sci-fi Diner (oop) and Via Napoli (oop) on QSDP
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think you can also book Pizzafari?
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Mobile

ABC Commissary was always a walk in in our '14, '16, and '18 hols... Enjoyable enough, but not something I'd like to be forced into booking six months out!?!
What's changed in the last year or two?
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by llynnnn View Post
My ADR day is also Thursday

Is it worth booking ABC Commissary? the menu looks good for us all, is it possible to walk in without a reservation?
I'm cautious of booking too many and tieing us down as I'm already planning to book BOG breakfast, Restaurantasaurus, Pizzafari, Sci-fi Diner (oop) and Via Napoli (oop) on QSDP
My personal view is too book as much as possible and then you can review as you go and cancel or move the booking as you go.

Its easier to cancel a reservation you no longer want than it is to get a reservation thats no long available.

You can always find somewhere to eat but you can't always get the most popular times / restaurant combinations.

There is also a trick in the booking system where you can (on the day) move a reservation to a different day and then cancel it to avoid the no show fee - but that is obviously risky.

Personally I pre-book / plan all our meals and then create touring plans around them. Stops the arguments and disagreements of what to do and eat in 30c heat when everyone is tired lol
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
ABC Commissary was always a walk in in our '14, '16, and '18 hols... Enjoyable enough, but not something I'd like to be forced into booking six months out!?!
What's changed in the last year or two?
Its only for dinner so I presume its getting busy around peak eating times. You can always cancel it that day before - no big deal.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Its only for dinner so I presume its getting busy around peak eating times. You can always cancel it that day before - no big deal.
Yeah, ta 👍
Just read on the app it's 16:00 onwards... We've always used it as a lunch spot, so will take chances as usual.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
I think you can also book Pizzafari?
Yes, you mentioned Hollywood Studios though. Pizzafari is one of the four I referred to.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NickPytlinski
Proud to wear my Ears

its probably star wars.
the numbers have probably increased so they decided to tie in some reservations for the must plan guests.

its a good idea but im pretty sure you could probably still walk up, maybe a short wait