Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Feb 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Looking for art

Following on from my potential house buying, I’m thinking about art for my wee future house. I realise I’m a bit premature but I’m bored.

Where do you find nice art. I’m looking for prints (cos I’m cheap lol) as I can’t afford much more.

Where do I look? I like Sam toft and have a couple prints by her, but I need some more. I don’t want photography, I want beautiful art any recommendations of artists or where to look?

Thanks,
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Is there an art school near by that has a students exhibition/sale
You can often pick up some amazing original arr work there
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I buy a lot from castlefineart (thank god for interest free credit)

My favourite artists being Lawrence Coulson castlefineart/artists/lawrence-coulson (2 originals and 1 print) and Richard Rowen castlefineart/artists/richard-rowan (2 prints and 1 original)

They also currently have a Disney original art for sale at the moment castlefineart/artist...ey-vintage#art
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by the_weird_one View Post
I buy a lot from castlefineart (thank god for interest free credit)

My favourite artists being Lawrence Coulson castlefineart/artists/lawrence-coulson (2 originals and 1 print) and Richard Rowen castlefineart/artists/richard-rowan (2 prints and 1 original)

They also currently have a Disney original art for sale at the moment castlefineart/artist...ey-vintage#art
Or a Nic Joly masterpiece.
I love his stuff

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Or a Nic Joly masterpiece.
I love his stuff
I missed out on Never Forgotten on its original release, and just seen they must have had someone trade it in because its currently available online but I have my Coulson to pay off so won't be buying this time.

I'd love a Hamish Blakely as a classical portraiture artist but that money would get me 2 weeks in Disney
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have a Sam Toft piece which I love! Great taste. We also have a Lucy Pittaway small print too so I would suggest her work. I’m about to move into a new house, and also love art, so I’m very grateful for this thread! Thanks 😊
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have you considered looking at auctions? I work for one and we get hundreds on paintings and pictures in every month- they tend to go so cheap! A lot of them can be old fashioned and not to some people’s taste but some can be lovely. I bought some John Lewis pictures for £5 a couple of moths ago and they were lovely! We also have several originals in our house that we have bought from there

Edited at 10:21 PM.
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by the_weird_one View Post
I missed out on Never Forgotten on its original release, and just seen they must have had someone trade it in because its currently available online but I have my Coulson to pay off so won't be buying this time.

I'd love a Hamish Blakely as a classical portraiture artist but that money would get me 2 weeks in Disney
I really wanted ‘There’s a time for us’.
It was even more spectacular up close.
Sadly not in my price range 😬

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I really wanted ‘There’s a time for us’.
It was even more spectacular up close.
Sadly not in my price range 😬
Oh that was nice, and yep thank god for interest free from Castle otherwise I'd never be able to afford what I own
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
Following on from my potential house buying, I’m thinking about art for my wee future house. I realise I’m a bit premature but I’m bored.

Where do you find nice art. I’m looking for prints (cos I’m cheap lol) as I can’t afford much more.

Where do I look? I like Sam toft and have a couple prints by her, but I need some more. I don’t want photography, I want beautiful art any recommendations of artists or where to look?

Thanks,
The Range had some Sam Toft prints in our local store last week. Only about £12 framed.