Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Jul 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Proud to wear my Ears

Am I the only one who thought that one of the offerings at Texas de Brazil was a bowl of marshmallows on lettuce leaves?
GroovyYvee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 02:06 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I love a Keke's breakfast - to be fair, their waffles and (stuffed) French Toast are the real winners though.

Most importantly, did the table enjoy its sausage?
Yes, realise I ordered poorly. Should have gone French Toast I forgot to ask the table about its sausage but it didn't complain and there was only 1/4 left at the end so reckon that was a winner

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Excellent use of the Admiral!
Thank you, I can tell you're a woman of good judgement The Admiral wants to know if you have a naval background?

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
Your lunch at Texas de Brazil looked amazing, we love that style of food so I’ve added it to our list of places to try next visit. We’ve eaten at both Rodizio Preto and Rodizio Rico in London on a few occasions which seems to have a very similar menu. I agree it’s very easy to OD on meat though!

Hmm, not sure about your strange watermelon/cabbage/ hoisin brew but glad it grew on you in the end. We still haven’t tried Kekes, we’re strictly IHOP people. I mentioned to DH about trying somewhere else and he looked at me like I’d gone mad . Sounds like we’re not missing much from your review.

Keep you updates coming, they’re ace!
Thank you, appreciate the kind words We'll have to try one of those London places at some point, had great meat at somewhere like Zelman Meats there but the prices are many times Texas de Brazil. Keke's I thought was decent actually, we're also hoping to give Cracker Barrel ago and at that point I reckon we've tried the main ones at least once

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Don't give up on the admiral too soon, it's too early to tell the real benefit of the scale we are getting 😉

Kekes is on our list, although I seem to remember a picture of a pancake covered in strawberries and cream 😋
I will try but I fear that the social stigma and hygiene issues connected with placing a lego figure in my dinner may hold me back And that sounds like the Keke's Florida pancake, too much sugar for me!

Originally Posted by GroovyYvee View Post
Am I the only one who thought that one of the offerings at Texas de Brazil was a bowl of marshmallows on lettuce leaves?
lol it was definitely mozzarella but I think they should add a s'mores salad too

Edited at 02:52 AM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Thank you, I can tell you're a woman of good judgement The Admiral wants to know if you have a naval background?
Ha ha! No, Star Wars background! Although oddly a woman at work with a military background calls me Admiral of the Fleet for some reason .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Ha ha! No, Star Wars background! Although oddly a woman at work with a military background calls me Admiral of the Fleet for some reason .
There you go, she's sounding you out for a rebel cell Enjoy the rest of the report
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Lunch - Buffalo Wild Wings (S.Apopka Vineland Road) & Ghirardelli (Disney Springs)

After breakfast we headed to the Vineland Premium Outlets for more shopping. I managed to buy Dramamine from a very interesting medical machine that will probably one day be able to perform minor surgeries. For now I just bought anti sea-sickness pills I’m going to try for Universal.

We picked up a few bits and pieces before as planned leaving to head over to Disney Springs around lunchtime. On the way we decided what we really wanted for lunch was chicken wings. Happened to be passing a Buffalo Wild Wings so it was on.

If you haven’t been here before the heart of the menu is the wing selection. 4 sizes from snack (5 wings) to large then select a sauce or rub for the wings from a list of 20+ and then finally traditional or boneless. We all went snack size/traditional with sauce choices of Sweet BBQ (DD), Caribbean Jerk (DW) and Mango Habanero (me). Also ordered a side of fries and drinks plus lovely ranch dip.
They all look pretty much identical in a photo

As you would expect, the wings were excellent. Well cooked and crispy and the snack sized portions were just enough after a heavy breakfast. DD felt hers were a little too sweet but it was just about the tamest sauce on the board and she enjoyed them more and more as she went along. DW loves jerk chicken but wasn’t completely feeling the love for the flavour of these wings, they were good but jerk flavour is usually delivered via a rub and this was a sauce.

My Mango Habanero started out great, hot and sweet But then as the second wave of heat kicked in things began to get ugly. First I noticed that the heat levels in my mouth kept rising this was after one measly wing! My whole head started to sweat Then as I tried to mop a blob of sauce from my face the sauce seemed to be actually burning my skin

The conclusion was obvious! The Kambucha HAS turned me into an immortal superhero and in a stroke of luck I’ve discovered on the very first day that Mango Habanero sauce is my one and only weakness. This should be easy to avoid in future so I happily traded wing trays with DW and got stuck into the Jerk ones which I quite enjoyed

Somewhat smugly the toxic Mango Habanero sauce seemed to have no effect at all on DW and I was roundly mocked by the family with the server being roped in too Hopefully I will discover my powers soon…

The meal rounded off with the dry wipe mystery. Our server kept bringing us these wet wipes

But opening the packets they were all dry, this went on for a while. Then he opened another box and those ones were wet. Not a great story but it wouldn’t happen at KFC I tell ya. Anyway this was a nice little lunch, pricey though IMHO at $37 for what amounted to a few nice bar snacks.

After this we headed to Disney Springs and shopped a little bit. All missing the dog we picked up a temporary replacement, his face looking through the cone of shame was just too adorable.
We call him Junior

An important goal though was lunch Part 2, an ice-cream sundae at Ghirardelli. We decided to share the $13 Crissy Fields Cookie Bits Sundae, at 1600 calories it’s not really something to eat alone as a dessert too often!

DD and I shared most of this. It was very good, nice ice-cream and cookie dough/pieces with whipped cream and chocolate. Good sundae but didn’t blow us away, perhaps a first reminder of Disney food hype where things that are good become ‘incredible’ and struggle to live up to it

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner tonight is at Bonefish Grill, will post probably early morning Florida time as need to do a bit of packing now and

Edited at 04:13 AM.
Old 20 Jul 18, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
After the breakfast at Keke I can't believe you all had room for lunch and then the sundae. I'm liking your DW and her ordering style. She clearly knows what she wants and isn't afraid to order exactly that. Perhaps one day you will get to hear the blues brothers special.

DH always hates that I can eat Indian or Mexican food and not get a sweat on. He doesn't like it when I say something isn't very hot while he is dripping. The kids find it hilarious, as do I!

I've seen the Crissy Fields sundae on a few DFB videos it looks good, but as you say not a dessert to eat on your own every day of the week, perhaps every other day?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
Wow! I’m really, really enjoying your reports, they’re so funny and engaging. Loving all the memes too.

Your lunch at Texas de Brazil looked amazing, we love that style of food so I’ve added it to our list of places to try next visit. We’ve eaten at both Rodizio Preto and Rodizio Rico in London on a few occasions which seems to have a very similar menu. I agree it’s very easy to OD on meat though!

Hmm, not sure about your strange watermelon/cabbage/ hoisin brew but glad it grew on you in the end. We still haven’t tried Kekes, we’re strictly IHOP people. I mentioned to DH about trying somewhere else and he looked at me like I’d gone mad . Sounds like we’re not missing much from your review.

Keep you updates coming, they’re ace!
Love Rodizio Rico. My brother takes us there every time we visit him in London it’s his favourite restaurant.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Well in the name of this report you are soldiering on with the eating! I admire your stamina.
We love to partake in a Ghirardelli ice cream at Disney Springs but I tend to go for one with hot fudge sauce on it, with a cherry on top. I surely hope that's less than the reported 1600 calories of your ice cream choice.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

1 to DW
0 to CMG

To be fair I can't say much as I would have been on DDs level!

Those pancakes look HUGE! I can imagine they were quite dry. I love how DW knows what she wants and orders it. With Trevor and the eggs I think she's becoming inspirational ... the star of your blogs even!

Looking forward to seeing the bonefish report x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GroovyYvee View Post
You are not alone, I did too

Absolutely loving your report.👍