Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Oct 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Talking Summary of my recent trip - Highs and Lows!

Okay so I was in Orlando from the 14th of September until the 30th and here are some of my thoughts!

Thomas Cook – Love flying with TC. Seats are comfy, Enjoyed the IFE, I ordered the Gluten Free meal and it was very yummy (chicken and potatoes). On the way to MCO I managed to bag a row of two to myself which was great. The extra space was very handy. On the way back the plane had overheard screens but it didn’t really bother me. I was also sat next to an amazing Floridian family who were moving to Aberdeen! The kids were a dream and I helped the mum to toast to her move 

MCO – Immigration was really quick but I waited ages for bag. By the time my bag came my feet were killing me and didn’t stop killing me the whole trip, and are still killing me now  I also left a bag of stuff I had bought at the airport in departures on my way home! Have emailed lost and found at Orlando so we'll see what happens...

Cabana Bay - Our first hotel and my first time staying onsite at Universal and I loved it. Really recommend.

Volcano Bay – Looks just as amazing in person as all the pictures. We had premium seating right in front of the Volcano and it was bliss. This was also my first time at a water park and I got burned to a crisp! It did eventually develop into a lovely tan though XD

HHN - ……loved it! Well I didn’t love the houses. I did the stranger things house and that was all I could manage BUT the atmosphere, the scare zones/scareactors and the rides in the dark are just fab. This was another first for me this trip and I think I would do it again, even only for the scare zones #

Bubba Gumps – I think this was my favourite meal all trip! The service was great, the food was amazing and I just enjoyed the whole vibe. Defo recommend 

Universal/IoA – Amazing as always. Although not a big fan of the new additions (fast and furious and jimmy fallon). Looking forward to the new Potter coaster though! Had a great brekkie in the Three Broomsticks - recommend!

Meeting Liz – I finally got to meet one of my favourite youtubers Discoliz! I’ve been subbed to her for a good solid while now and she is just fab. If you haven’t heard of her please go check her out! She used to live in Florida but now she lives in Texas with her man and she does weekly vlogs along with videos of her visits to Orlando/Florida.

Lyft – My uber wasn’t playing ball so I downloaded the Lyft app and totally loved it. Very handy!

Seaworld – We did the Animal Ambassadors tour which was amazing and we got to meet a Sloth! Also, ow, what an awesome coaster Mako is and its a fab new addition to Seaworld.

Busch Gardens – Had a fun time but the power went out in the whole park for about half an hour! People were getting evaced from Sheikra and folk were stuck on the skyline. It was madness haha.

Meeting Brett – Formally known as guybehindthecastle on Instagram, he is now protecting Andy’s backyard in the new Toy Story Land. He is now guybehindthemagic and I was so happy to bump into him and have a chat. Such a lovely guy 

Pandora – Now this land is beautiful. During the day AND at night. Never managed to ride Na’vi river journey but did have a few fastpasses for Flight of Passage. UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT – FOP was…a great ride. It’s a good addition but I personally feel like it has been exceedingly overhyped. I had a few fundamental issues with it that I couldn’t look past but don’t get me wrong, it is a great ride! The movements are amazing and the visuals but I’d give it like an 8 out of 10.

Meeting Bunny – Okay…this was unexpected. Now I knew she was in the park from following her on social media but I never thought for a second that I would come across her. Bunny is massive on youtube. Her youtube account is grav3yardgirl and she has almost 9 million subs, of which I am one! I just caught her walking by me in Pandora filming and I had to go and say hello! I was a mess, I was shaking so badly but Bunny was super lovely and I was so happy to meet her! Such a cool thing to happen

Tusker House – I will definitely be doing this again. The food was yummy and the characters were great.

BOG – Again, I found this overrated. The rooms are amazing but the food is just kinda meh at breakfast.

AK – I think this might now be my favourite park? Animal Kingdom is just beautiful. Great rides, great shows, great theming. I also did the Wilderness Explorer trail which I found so much fun! Great way to interact and learn and see all aspects of the park 

Bus stop at HS – Hate hate HATE the current layout of the entrance to Hollywood Studios. The bus stops are miles away from the entrance. Please keep this in mind because if you walk till you can’t walk anymore and you’re leaving the park, you may feel like crying so give your feet some leeway to get from the entrance to the buses. Nightmare!

Pop Century – I really loved this resort. We were in a preferred room and the location was perfect.

Free brekkie – We booked during DDP and we got free breakfast which essentially a QS credit per day. I found this very handy and it seemed just the right amount for me in regards to DDP because there was no waste but also I didn’t feel like I needed any more credits.

Free ice water – So handy getting free iced water, so good for keeping up your hydration!

Exchange rate – awful…everything seemed much more expensive. But that’s the price we pay, eh? haha

Busy – I noticed that it was busier than usual this September. Not sure if this was from people postponing this holidays last year due to Irma?

Heat – Another thing that was worse this year than normal was the heat! I was proper melting!

So thank you for reading! If you have any questions about the above or maybe about something I didnt mention then please feel free to ask. I'm going to include a few more of my favourite pictures below, hope you don't mind - Thanks again!

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Some fantastic photos there! Looks like you had an absolute ball!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Some fantastic photos there! Looks like you had an absolute ball!
Thank you! I did, it was awesome

DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great pictures. You looked like you had a ball xx
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like you had a fab time.
Old 10 Oct 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lightyear
slightly serious Dibber

Great post, I followed your holiday on instagram and this just rounds some of it out nicely, lol.

I'm going next September and staying in POP for the first time, glad you liked it. I'm unsure about HHN too ... you've not convinced me
Lightyear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I really enjoyed your write up Looks like you had a wonderful time
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Great pictures. You looked like you had a ball xx
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Sounds like you had a fab time.
I did, thanks :3

Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
Great post, I followed your holiday on instagram and this just rounds some of it out nicely, lol.

I'm going next September and staying in POP for the first time, glad you liked it. I'm unsure about HHN too ... you've not convinced me
Oh thank you!
HHN really just depends what you like. I was perfectly happy spending all my time in the scarezones. And I was a big baby when it came to the houses XD

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I really enjoyed your write up Looks like you had a wonderful time
Thanks!

DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Old 10 Oct 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you had a great time!

We're going to the HHN next year. Well, I say 'we' - my husband and daughter are going (treat for her 18th birthday) as they love horror, and my son and I will be chilling out elsewhere away from the frights as we're team wimp

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mudhut
Excited about Disney

I was there from the 7th to the 18th and agree with you re the weather I don't mind the heat really but it was the humidity that was the killer for me, it's the first time I've taken a face cloth out with me each day to wipe away the sweat
Same with me as well re achy feet and got a couple of blisters too - but still had a great time glad you did too
Mudhut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List