Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Oct 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Exclamation => NEED YOUR HELP . Important <=

Hi Guys,

I am making this post as we need some important help from the DIBB members.

We have someone that keeps signing up to our site and making posts that have us concerned to the point where we are not in a position to deal with them legally and have got to the point where we will need to pass on tracking data to the relevant authorities.

The help that we need from you guys is that we ask you not to make any posts or reply to any posts where the post content refers to children in their knickers, skirts or smacking of children.

We have a user that keeps signing up on the DIBB with different identities, they make a few what would be classed as normal posts then shortly afterwards they make a post that involves children, specifically school girls and referring to either their knickers/pants or bottom.

You may have seen some of these posts and may even have replied thinking the posts were genuine.

Some of the posts have been about this users daughter having to do PE at school in their knickers. or wetting their knickers on a plane. A post yesterday was asking how to punish a school child whilst on holiday, the post mentioned smacking on the bottom, they even said "not abuse, just enough to hurt". A post this morning was about short skirts in the parks and how to prevent flashing!

Now we get idiots and sad users on the DIBB from time to time that get enjoyment out of winding other people up, that is all part and parcel of running an online forum, it's nothing new and we have been dealing with these types of people for over 20 years.

However this particular user has us concerned due to their seemingly unhealthy obsession with schoolgirls in their knickers. It could be someone with a mental issue that doesn't really know any different but it could also have sexual connotations such as a Paedophile (not a word or topic I'd ever thought I would be typing on this holiday planning site).

So again, please do not reply to or make similar posts.

It would be helpful if you see them to report them by clicking the red triangle at the bottom left of the post. By doing this it allows us to capture details about the user. Not everyone realises that email accounts, IP addresses and electronic signatures from individual computers/devices are traceable by the authorities.

I'm sure this post will have fed the troll 'so to speak' but it is potentially too serious to ignore and to deal with internally any longer.

Thank you.

Edited at 09:26 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

What a sad world we live in. Hope you manage to solve the problem.
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Thanks for the warning, Stu.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Is there any pattern to the username that they sign up to help or are they totally random? - I've found on other sites that you can usually spot them when they return as they have a similar format

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I saw that one yesterday and had my suspicions. It’s part of a much bigger problem. From memory there are identical posts across other forums, i know I read the same one on a different site.
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Hi Guys,

I am making this post as we need some important help from the DIBB members.

We have someone that keeps signing up to our site and making posts that have us concerned to the point where we are not in a position to deal with them legally and have got to the point where we will need to pass on tracking data to the relevant authorities.

The help that we need from you guys is that we ask you not to make any posts or reply to any posts where the post content refers to children in their knickers, skirts or smacking of children.

We have a user that keeps signing up on the DIBB with different identities, they make a few what would be classed as normal posts then shortly afterwards they make a post that involves children, specifically school girls and referring to either their knickers/pants or bottom.

You may have seen some of these posts and may even have replied thinking the posts were genuine.

Some of the posts have been about this users daughter having to do PE at school in their knickers. or wetting their knickers on a plane. A post yesterday was asking how to punish a school child whilst on holiday, the post mentioned smacking on the bottom, they even said "not abuse, just enough to hurt". A post this morning was about short skirts in the parks and how to prevent flashing!

Now we get idiots and sad users on the DIBB from time to time that get enjoyment out of winding other people up, that is all part and parcel of running an online forum, it's nothing new and we have been dealing with these types of people for over 20 years.

However this particular user has us concerned due to their seemingly unhealthy obsession with schoolgirls in their knickers. It could be someone with a mental issue that doesn't really know any different but it could also have sexual connotations such as a Paedophile (not a word or topic I'd ever thought I would be typing on this holiday planning site).

So again, please do not reply to or make similar posts.

It would be helpful if you see them to report them by clicking the red triangle at the bottom left of the post. By doing this it allows us to capture details about the user. Not everyone realises that email accounts, IP addresses and electronic signatures from individual computers/devices are traceable by the authorities.

I'm sure this post will have fed the troll 'so to speak' but it is potentially too serious to ignore and to deal with internally any longer.

Thank you.
That's a word I never thought I'd see on this site either. I know as a community we don't all agree on everything and what is "funny" to some is not funny in the slightest to others, but there are lines and boundaries - and the poster you are talking about has gone so far beyond that line.

Hope you get it sorted, it most definitely isn't what we want on this forum.

Thanks for doing he thankless task of keeping it decent in here.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

This is very sad and worrying
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the warning. I've just seen another post from them in the Forum Spy feed, but you've already dealt with it

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Wow I am shocked to hear that, thanks for letting us know.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Sorry to hear this is an issue Stu. Thank you for the warning.

If an issue across different forums then is a collaborative approach warranted?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread