Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Sep 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I hope you share your snack list! We fly out on Saturday and are also on deluxe dining plan for the first time. Loved your previous reports they helped put my mind at ease that we’re not crazy for upgrading 😆

Lots of ADRs the same as yours!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Aww what a fab trip you have planned and sooo much food! Can’t wait, your report will just fit in about right before we go on the 18th.

Kat 😆
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Looking forward to this as I love your reports.
Have you gotten sorted yet for flights as I’m assuming you were Thomas cook. Fingers crossed for you!
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thank you for following along everyone!

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Really looking forward to reading I’m a great fan of saying qsdp but knowing full well it would be an upgrade! Watch what I say when we go again in 2021

I hope no issues with Thomas Cook
Aha I knew cracks would start to show in your QS plans!

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well I have moved some ADRs to different days. I have so far cancelled Boma, 1900 Park Fare, CG, Shulahs, Storybook Dining and Sci Fi Dine in. The later I would like to rebook, I only cancelled as the original time doesn’t suit any more - I have replanned some days due to it being so hot between about 1pm to 5pm.

I am a bit disappointed about Storybook Dining, but we are leaving WL primarily because the transport has been so bad, so I am not coming back! I never saw any availability for it much after my 180 days, however whilst I have been here I have seen it come up for a last minute booking a few times.
Not good about the transport at Wilderness Lodge, that is not what you expect at a Deluxe. Hope you're settling into your new home

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Not long now! Fingers crossed everything works out ok for you and you can tackle that list!
Definitely doesn't feel it's (to use Lisa and Marie talk) a WEEK ON SATURDAY

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
We have booked for the first time on a dining plan dxddp for next year. 9 nights at YC.
I like reading through your reports, and Claudette’s , to see what we like the look of. I’m going to be honest, we will more than likely do either a breakfast or lunch then a signature or a show. We just couldn’t manage 3 meals a day. Defo not being judgmental here as tbh I wish we could as would be able to try more of the restaurants but we want the dxddp so we can try more of the signatures. It’s defo going to be more of a food trip.
Looking forward to this
Looking forward to seeing what restaurants are in your plans, Yacht Club will be wonderful. If it was up to me we would do a Signature every day but OH is a bit fussier

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
Ahhhhh I am sooo looking forward to this! Currently in Disney depression and need to write up my trip report. I'm back to reading the food trip reports... Whilst we are not going back for a while 😱😱😭😭😭😭😭
Oh no, Disney blues are the wost! Please do get cracking with your TR!

Originally Posted by princessgem View Post
I hope you share your snack list! We fly out on Saturday and are also on deluxe dining plan for the first time. Loved your previous reports they helped put my mind at ease that we’re not crazy for upgrading 😆

Lots of ADRs the same as yours!
Ooo are you planning a report? I love reading about other people's experience of DxDP.

I'll definitely share the snack list, I think I've perfected it!

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Aww what a fab trip you have planned and sooo much food! Can’t wait, your report will just fit in about right before we go on the 18th.

Kat 😆
It's so funny that you think it's a lot of food, when I looked at the ADR list I felt like I was quite small

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Looking forward to this as I love your reports.
Have you gotten sorted yet for flights as I’m assuming you were Thomas cook. Fingers crossed for you!
Thank you! Yes, we have been very lucky and I bit the bullet on Saturday night and booked replacement flights with TUI. So glad I did as they are no longer showing as available on the website.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Looking forward to this and glad you got flights sorted.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Looking forward to this and glad you got flights sorted.
Thank you! Looking forward to your next trip too, that has sneaked up quickly. Have an amazing time xxx
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Quick Service

DxDP makes me go a little ADR crazy, not because I am obsessed with getting the best value, but just because I can but we do have a tiny number of QS restaurants pencilled in.

BE OUR GUEST which is one of the (now infamous) cancelled 12 ADRs from last year. I’ve already pre-ordered our lunch; we’re going to split the French Dip and the Croque Monsieur. I am so sad they have taken the Potato & Leek soup off the menu.

GEYSER POINT BAR & GRILL I have wanted to try the Bison Cheeseburger forever, we are planning a tour of the MK resorts on our first day so hopefully we can stop off here for lunch.

RESTAURANTSAURUS GOURMET BURGERS AND DIG SITE SUNDAES This one was Nik’s pick. It's had good reviews so far so I'm excited to try it out.

WOODY’S LUNCH BOX I basically want to try everything here haha. We have made a pact to split the BBQ Brisket Melt and the grilled cheese, but I won’t be able to resist the Totchos either, as nachos and tater tots are two of my favourite foods!

Our first night we had planned QS at the food court at All Stars but we are now flying to Sanford and my great auntie is picking us up. I am going to suggest we go for dinner as a thank you so we may end up with an offsite meal after all!
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m so excited to see you are doing a trippie and I’m dying to see what you make of my fave ... Monsieur Paul! I really hope you love it as much as I do (French food is high on my list of favourite cuisine alongside pan Asian and Italian).

I love seeing other deluxe reports ... I may have booked deluxe again for our next trip 🤪😋

Sarah x

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I should have added - I’m really pleased you got new flights sorted x

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Quick Service

DxDP makes me go a little ADR crazy, not because I am obsessed with getting the best value, but just because I can but we do have a tiny number of QS restaurants pencilled in.

BE OUR GUEST which is one of the (now infamous) cancelled 12 ADRs from last year. I’ve already pre-ordered our lunch; we’re going to split the French Dip and the Croque Monsieur. I am so sad they have taken the Potato & Leek soup off the menu.

GEYSER POINT BAR & GRILL I have wanted to try the Bison Cheeseburger forever, we are planning a tour of the MK resorts on our first day so hopefully we can stop off here for lunch.

RESTAURANTSAURUS GOURMET BURGERS AND DIG SITE SUNDAES This one was Nik’s pick. It's had good reviews so far so I'm excited to try it out.

WOODY’S LUNCH BOX I basically want to try everything here haha. We have made a pact to split the BBQ Brisket Melt and the grilled cheese, but I won’t be able to resist the Totchos either, as nachos and tater tots are two of my favourite foods!

Our first night we had planned QS at the food court at All Stars but we are now flying to Sanford and my great auntie is picking us up. I am going to suggest we go for dinner as a thank you so we may end up with an offsite meal after all!
The Totchos are fab!

So glad you got alternative flights sorted. I was worried about you.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List