Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Nov 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Mobile Harry Potter Warner Bros Tour or Universal Onsite

Hi everyone,
I would love to bring my girls to the Warner bro’s Harry Potter tour, however I’m in Ireland & it’s actually working out about 500 euros to get there with flights & accomodation & tickets. We’ve never been. Hubby seems to think that rather than go there we could use that money & stay onsite at universal for 2 nights before, during or after our Dibb villa stay. We’ve never been to universal since 2010. So Harry Potter there will be a first.

Is this a no brainer lol.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Personally given you have already booked Florida I would be inclined to go for the Hotel with express passes as Universal is much more than just Harry Potter. This is what we did this year as my DD loves HP and we stayed at RPR for one night which meant two days express passes. Wild Florida and meeting a sloth was the favourite thing from her holiday but HP Lands and rides came a close second. However tickets for Universal and the hotel for a family of 6 (assuming this from photo) will work out a lot more than 500 Euro's. Maybe price up the cost of adding on Universal to your existing trip ans then consider your options.

I am considering a trip to London incorporating doing the Harry Potter Tour next summer as Orlando is off the cards for us for the time being and my kids have never been. Costs even from near Edinburgh are high whether by train or car with hotel and extra costs. From what I've seen the Tour is completely different as more behind the scenes, props and a half day experience so maybe quite dear just for a few days.

Edited at 09:54 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LexiBantam
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It’s a difficult one - an extra weekend away with family Would be lovely, and it would depend on how the money compares, but personally our preference would definitely be universal. The Harry Potter world at universal is like being in the books & movies, whereas the Warner studios is a behind the scenes experience. We did really enjoy Warner studios, and it was really interesting, but it sort of took away from the magic a bit. To be fair, there probably isn’t a wrong answer - have a fabulous holiday x
LexiBantam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Having done both I prefer the UK one because they're the actual sets and props used in the films.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Universal every single time

Specially if you are staying onsite as you can get in hour before everyone else and enjoy the area with not many people.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

I think i've pretty much answered my own question lol, as much as i would love to bring them to the harry potter tour, the money is just not on the budget esp the same year as florida. Im sure the will love the harry potter in universal regardless.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PixieFairies View Post
I think i've pretty much answered my own question lol, as much as i would love to bring them to the harry potter tour, the money is just not on the budget esp the same year as florida. Im sure the will love the harry potter in universal regardless.
Looking at your kids ages I think they will prefer Universal. I think the London is more for older kids / adults personally.

Buy them an interactive wand in the park and they can do magic
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post

I think the Watford Harry Potter Studios is amazing, it offers something totally different to the Orlando HP worlds. The Orlando HP worlds have brilliant theming but they are theme parks, whereas the studios are more of a piece of history, with artifacts from the movies, original sets etc.

I can’t compare them, I don’t think one substitutes for the other. But I am 60 - 90 minutes drive from the Watford one, so I would do both. If I was in your shoes, I would definitely pause to think of that extra expense and to be honest would probably give Watford a miss.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We loved the tour but would definitely opt for Universal. The theming is amazing and I am sure your kids will love it.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

How many of you are there? Do you already have tickets for Universal? The price of tickets could take you over 500 Euros alone.

We visit the Warner Studios tour every few years, it is so different from the theme park experience, it envelops you in the stories, takes you from imaginings to actual sets and props. There are at least 2 parts of the tour that take my breath away and bring a tear to my eyes - even after 4 visits.

HP at Universal is fun, but because it is always part of a 2 week theme park extravaganza for us, it does get a little lost in the holiday noise...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List