Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Dec 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

2019... the best year yet!

3 amazing holidays, Sorrento, Norway and USA (incl first trip to WDW in 10 years), my OH's 30th birthday, our 10 year anniversary and to top it off on 22nd November we moved into our wonderful new house.

We also celebrated a whole year of my OH being 'well'

It's had it's moments, of course, the worst being my dad leaving my step mum of 17 years

But despite that, safe to say 2019 has been the best year for a long time - 2020 has a lot to live up to but with two fantastic holidays booked, Caribbean and China, I think it's got a chance!

How has your 2019 been?

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 11:45 AM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

It's actually been really good for once. DS doing really well at school and the sport he plays. DD getting amazing A Level results and got in to her first choice Uni to follow her dream job. All in all very happy and settled after a very difficult few years. Hope 2020 is just as good to us.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We’ve been very lucky this year, we all have our health and family are on their way to celebrate with us. Which are the 2 most important things.

The girls are happy, with one doing A levels and the others BTec and seem to have lovely friends around them.

As I said we are lucky.

I’ve got a permanent job at a school I love and it finally looks as though my Husband’s career is on the up after a few very frustrating years for him.
Old 24 Dec 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We have had an odd year really but we had many highs with the lows.

Lows:

I got diagnosed with coeliac disease which has changed my life really.

My other half lost his grandad and great nan in the space of two weeks.

Highs:

-Had an amazing long weekend in Edinburgh with my other half in January

-had the best two weeks in Florida with my other half in May

-had a really nice week in Tenerife with my mum in September

-had a really great few days in Iceland in October with my other half

And we are getting a whole two days together this Christmas which is amazing! (I sometimes work).
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It's been mixed. Terrible low points, I attended 3 funerals this year, one for my favourite uncle who died really unexpectedly

I was told in November that my cat only had days to live but he is still here

Also had wonderful high points.

I left my job I hated and now really like the one I have, also results in two weeks off for Xmas which I've never had.

Went to Japan which was amazing! Never thought when I was younger than it was somewhere I would ever get to go.

So yeah, looking forward to 2020 but didn't mind 2019 when it was good.

Hope everyone has an amazing 2020!
Old 24 Dec 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

Being diagnosed with cancer in February and subsequent surgery has meant that 2019 is relegated to The Worst Year I’ve ever had. Here’s to hoping 2020 will be better for many of us x x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

My mum beat cancer and I moved from a job I thought I’d never leave at the beginning of the year and then gained a promotion. 2019 has been very kind to me indeed. Holiday wise it’s been great, Orlando in February, Centre parcs in May, Vegas in July and Turkey ( not so great though) in October
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Mine been mixed:
Highs
Son been born in July
Built my house bigger
Got a payrise
My parents retired

Lows
My m8 took his own life on Easter Sunday
A work mate died on holiday in Turkey in August
My dad got MS
Redundancies at work many have lost there job
Having no Christmas bonus and forced to go in half a day to clean/tidy the factory when the last job went out lunch time yesterday.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

Being diagnosed with cancer in February and subsequent surgery has meant that 2019 is relegated to The Worst Year I’ve ever had. Here’s to hoping 2020 will be better for many of us x x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s been a good year for us. DD got fantastic A level results and went to her first choice university and, after a bit of a wobbly first few weeks, is now happy and settled there. DS2 and his fiancée bought their first house together and it’s nice to see them getting along well. We also visited DS1 who we haven’t seen for nearly 3 years as he teaches in Vietnam. So, we visited him in Vietnam and met his lovely girlfriend and friends, and had an amazing holiday catching up with him. We were also lucky enough to have holidays in Croatia, Spain and a few UK breaks in our caravan which we really enjoyed too.

We won’t be able to afford so many holidays in 2020 but we are looking forward to a holiday or two and it’s also good to see our children doing well and enjoying their lives too.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List