Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Feb 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

How practical is twilight check in?

We’re flying BA from Gatwick soon and I believe twilight check in is an option.

I like the idea but what does everyone do with their dirty clothes, undies, night clothes and toiletries? Do you wear old ones and throw them at the hotel or pack them into hand luggage?

Sorry for such a silly question but interested to read what people actually do.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Put them into the boot of your car ?

I don’t know as I fail to see the attraction myself . Checkin is checkin and happy to do it day of my flight
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Put them into the boot of your car ?

I don’t know as I fail to see the attraction myself . Checkin is checkin and happy to do it day of my flight
We’re using meet and greet parking at Gatwick so won’t have access to the car when we check out of the hotel.

I’m struggling to see the benefits too but I’m happy to hear the positives.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I guess the biggest benefit is not having to queue the next morning to check in. You can just go straight through to security and bypass the queues.

I always save the last bits of toiletries and take toothbrushes, clothes, undies etc.. that I'm happy to throw away. Failing that just stick it all in a bag and pop it in your hand luggage.
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MonkeyNut
Excited about Disney

We liked it!

Dropped car at M+G parking then twighlight check in and then stayed at raddisson.

We took a small wheely case as hand luggage and just packed nightwear and underwear in it.
We took travel toiletries and binned them at raddisson.

Lovely to go straight to security, no queueing to check in.

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando 2013, 2015 and 2017
Wilderness Lodge/Rosen Inn @pointe 2018
Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge 2019 and 2022
Mums 70th surprise trip 2023
MonkeyNut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We did twilight check in at Manchester with Thomas Cook and the queue was empty. I think this is the biggest plus. I guess also in the unlikely event you have something wrong with your ESTA, it gives you chance to apply for a new one. I know that eventuality is unlikely but I also remember a thread not so long ago where a dibber was unable to fly due to an issue at check in where check in staff told her to apply for a new one and it didn’t clear in time. You don’t have to queue for a long time in the morning which means you can go through security straight away in the morning and get breakfast etc. I think we had one small case that fit hand luggage requirements that we put our clothes in to that we’d worn previously.

If there is the option at Heathrow with BA (I don’t think there is? ) then I’d do it again. Purely to make it easier in the morning.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m hoping to do twilight check-in. Going to take night clothes and clean underwear in hand luggage with me. Have disposable toothbrushes etc. all going to be packed on an overnight bag.

Biggest benefit for us will be that we can enjoy longer on bed before breakfast and then go straight through security. Our flight is at 10.10am so that makes quite a difference.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We always do twilight check in, as it makes travel day feel slightly less stressful. We have a small carry on that we have as an overnight bag for the 4 of us. Just remember to put any toiletries in a clear bag for screening.
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Did it once but really can't see the point.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We used to do it at Manchester. We would take nearly done toiletries and leave them. As for sleepwear, clean clothes etc, they went in the boot of the car. It worked for us as we travelled down from from Glasgow due to cheaper prices. If I didn’t have that option I would just be changing my underwear and top , so not much to carry in my carryon bag. We felt it made the morning better and a bit more relaxing. We probably won’t ever do it again as it had been with TC and now we would fly indirect ( or direct) from Glasgow.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List