Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Feb 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Half term shortly. What do your younger teen boys do? Do they go out with mates?

And if so, where to?

Just wondering if staying in playing on Xbox is normal?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
I've had 3 teenage boys. The first was a mix of in and out, friends round and he went round to theirs.

The 2nd was out constantly.

My last is mostly in.

They're all 'normal' whatever they prefer to do is best for them. It won't be long until they're 18 and over and off out!

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

My oldest is 17 and he has only just started going out with friends. He goes to the gaming cafe and plays either yu-gi-oh or d&d.
He used to only play online ps4 mainly, i used to worry. Youngest ds is 13 and also plays online and never goes out by himself.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Yes it’s quite normal. And they are usually chatting to their mates so while it doesn’t appear it. It’s actually quite social.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I’ve realised that teenage years are different from when it was me. Everything is online these days, they’re usually on with friends most weekends- a bit weird to get used to, but seems to be the way it is. Even when friends come over, they are playing games online.
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My son rarely went out but we stay in the country so had to be dropped off/picked up. He preferred to play online with his friends and as Bev says it’s actually quite social and at least you know where they are.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

I have 12 year old twins. Computer mad! They will literally spend the whole half term indoors. I constantly ask them what are your mates doing etc and all I get is ‘don’t know!’ It drives me insane. When I was their age I was out on my bike, round my mates house and just generally hanging out! It just seems the way it is now and I’ve chilled out a bit about it now as I’m never going to change it!
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
I’ve realised that teenage years are different from when it was me. Everything is online these days, they’re usually on with friends most weekends- a bit weird to get used to, but seems to be the way it is. Even when friends come over, they are playing games online.
Yep totally this 👆🏼
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Mine is 14 and he will stay in. He never goes out. He’s always on the phone/pc/Xbox/PS4.

He came home a few weeks ago and said he was attending a get together with friends later that evening. I was all excited for him, gave him a couple of hours and then asked when he would be getting ready. Stony faced he looked at me from his gaming chair and said
“I’m currently there. I don’t need to get ready”. It was then I realised I’d walked in on some sort of group chat and a chorus of laughing teens filled the air.

My son has a great social life...always chatting to friends and girls...but from his bedroom. It’s a bit strange isn’t it.

I suggested once perhaps he invites some friends over for tea and I could drop them at the cinema. He said ‘well that would be weird’.

Oh well 🤷
Old 5 Feb 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My 14 year old is the same. Game mad, but chats to his friends through the microphone. He does tend to go to the cinema with them when a good film is out, or for gaming events, like comic con.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List