Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Feb 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
PrinceEric
Trying for More Ears

First Night Dining/ Disney Springs

Hi Dibbers,

Trying to work out what to do regarding dinner on the first night of our vacation. We are thinking about heading into Disney Springs for food.

Can people recommend any good restaurants for our first night. Would you recommend a sit down meal or simple going somewhere for a quick service?

All opinions welcome...
PrinceEric is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It depends on the person and how tired you are. We are always shattered on the first evening having been up since the crack of dawn and travelling all day. We check in, grab some quick service food from the nearest place and sleep! Others can go to parks, so it just depends on you and those you are with I suppose.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think as above depends how you feel after travelling! Currently I have planned for us to get quick food at AKL after checking in. But if we felt up to it then I wouldn’t rule out a sit down meal!
There are plenty of good quick service options at Disney springs so I would plan to do that and if you feel up to a sit down meal I’m sure you’ll be able to get into one! Just wouldn’t bother with any ADRS personally!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

We are always shattered so we are also planning a QS at the hotel restaurant on the first night.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

We are planning on a QS meal at Disney Springs, either Chicken Guy or Blaze Pizza (if everything goes to plan) xx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Usually by the time we arrive we’re too tired to do anything more than grab something at the resort quick service.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post

We always do something on the first night, be it dinner or go to the parks. I am planning Disney Springs on our first night in April and have booked Planet Hollywood. I wouldn't usually make an ADR for arrival day but we are coming from New York this time so I think it will be fine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile

We are usually tired from travelling and always grab something quick from onsite where we are staying. We often unpack and sometimes DH and DD will go for a swim.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Our first proper night will be after a day at Epcot and we are planning on a QS meal probably at Wolfgang express as I still crave their chicken.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

I wouldn’t make a reservation for a table service anywhere, I would just see how you feel when you arrive.

August 18 we were diverted from Mco to tampa due to a storm and didn’t arrive at the hotel until after 9.

I think it depends on where you are staying and what time your flight is due in.

Do you like to unpack? Will you like a dip in the pool or jacuzzi to unwind? How far are u from Disney Springs?

I do like the polite pig for a quick meal and drink. If you are thinking of a table service the Edison is great. Oh and Enzos hideaway does a great blueberry martini - well you are on holiday!