Old 31 Dec 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Oh Abby, what a nightmare for you and all schools. I really can’t wait for this to all be over.

I’d risk the doughnuts - not tried them myself but my friend loved them!

I’m home so it’s time to pop the cork on the champagne 🍾
I shouldn't have moaned as I know I'm fortunate in so many ways but it's been right pain in the backside this covid malarkey. Right, grumpiness over! You enjoy your champagne, I'm cooking the buffet, if you can call piling stuff into the oven cooking! I'm going to go for the donuts I reckon it's the dipping sauce that's the must be defrosted part of it all and the donuts themselves will likely be fine in the oven.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

We bought two turkey crowns in November and froze them. Normally keep one, but thought sod it and defrosted it. Roasted it this morning, so we had turkey and stuffing butties for tea. Got veges for tomorrow.

I really wanted to make gingerbread men but haven't yet as we can only eat so much. Think I will do them tomorrow though! Will update if I do 😷

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
We bought two turkey crowns in November and froze them. Normally keep one, but thought sod it and defrosted it. Roasted it this morning, so we had turkey and stuffing butties for tea. Got veges for tomorrow.

I really wanted to make gingerbread men but haven't yet as we can only eat so much. Think I will do them tomorrow though! Will update if I do 😷
Great idea, my mother in law always used to do a full turkey dinner for new years day, followed by flan with a cold custard and fruit, you know the sponge ones you can buy...anyway DH now expects a roast on New year's day so I've got some sausages ready for a Toad in the Hole as that's a good enough substitute and it's DS most favourite meal so both will be happy.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

We’re having roast porcetta tomorrow, any excuse for a roast in this house!

Back to tonight, our dinner was absolutely delicious. If you missed the earlier description, it’s pan-fried partridge with creamed leeks, potato rosti, red wine jus and crumbled black pudding.

Mark really outdid himself tonight!
Happy New Year everyone - I hope 2021 is a lovely one for all of us and a vast improvement on this year!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Agreed! What an absolute nightmare. We were just discussing the logistics of testing at college. The Principal sent an email earlier about it. Are they just tested the once?
Well we are dressed up and pretending we’re out out! Having cocktails and karaoke!
I pity our neighbours (who have Covid btw 😳 ) we feel like we’re in a game of chess here 😳
They said to crack on!
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

There's been a disaster! I have also fallen foul of M&S party food not being able to be cooked from frozen. I was feeling quite sheepish until I saw you had suffered the same fate Abby

I checked yesterday to see if the party food could be cooked from frozen, the box I checked said yes, I thought if one thing could then they'd all be the same... Oh well, Nik is currently on the phone to the Chinese and we'll have the buffet things tomorrow. I'm v. disappointed I've been looking forward to this for weeks and had to go to several different food halls in search of all the bits and pieces I wanted.

I decided against the doughnuts, mainly because the box was too big for the freezer! Do let us know how they turn out Abby.

Tara, I have been drooling all afternoon thinking about your dinner. It looks like something from a Signature restaurant. How did Mark do the creamed leeks?

I am on the day shift tomorrow so I doubt I'll make it to midnight. Happy New Year when it arrives everyone xxx
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Having an epic catch up on all the festive food, I’m not sure what is going on with everyone in this house but there is not much cooking and eating going on! I have a few food photos to add but really not that many...I’ll start with the most inventive meals so far which really are Colette’s ideas...

Bacon, Brie and cranberry croissant concoctions with a mixture of drinks for Christmas breakfast.

Prawn Cocktail and Melon boats for our starters...sorry forgot to take a photo of our turkey dinner-this is why I don’t do food reports

Several hours later and the next few days...Christmas trifle

Christmas mocktails and cocktails made by my SIL, I love her homemade labels too and her dedication to drinking so she had all the empty bottles ready to make these for the family for the takeaway tipples

Smoked Salmon stacks were fab even without the dill and avocado...the girls had the pancakes covered in Nutella. I also sampled a few with butter and clementine curd, thanks Colette I’ll be using this recipe again

I don’t do Brussels sprouts but thought I needed to do something with this festive looking palm tree...

I absolutely loved them and even had them the next day with some chestnuts I had roasted-I am now a lover not a hater

Salted Caramel hot chocolate and croissant.

Tonight will be a mixture of nibbles and some fizz.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

That all looks so delicious! Which sprouts recipe did you use? I like the sound of adding chestnuts. Your glassware collection could rival Abby's!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

So tonight is party food night! I think I went a bit overboard seeing as there’s only 4 of us but we can always eat any leftovers tomorrow for lunch.
It’s all very beige and nothing like the wonderful dinner MrsSilverStar is having but it was quick and easy and who doesn’t love a duck spring roll 😂

Happy New Year everyone 🍸🥂🍹🎉

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I forgot to mention the other day that every single time I think about the dog raiding the cupboard and eating the brioche I laugh. I think it will be my abiding memory of Christmas 2020 :d
Honestly he is such a nightmare at times! We have recently had the kitchen done so all food was kept in boxes on the floor of the living room. One of the kids didn’t seal up the goodies box one night and the next morning we came down to him looking like he had eaten 2 small children 😆. He had managed half a French stick, another packet of cream crackers, a family sized box of Oreos, 2 big bags (with mini bags inside) of Party Rings, 4 bread rolls, a couple of crumpets and a brand new bag (that I had meticulously been saving) of the hazelnut chocolate M&Ms that you can only buy in the US 😡. He was VERY ill after that! You would have thought he’d learned his lesson, but no!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List