Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jul 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Love the final design!

quartz is the same as the counter actually

Doors, kitchen and all appliances ordered. Next on the list - tiles and lights and paint
Looking lovely, same quartz as mine I think! When does it all start?
Old 3 Jul 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

August the building I think!

Y'all, I am feeling super fancy. Our first home had builder grade kitchen - I never had quartz countertops, two fridge freezers opening like American (thanks or the tip dibbers!) downdraft extract hob or bi fold with coffee lovers section! i am going to be as smug as the cake boss cooking in it

Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
I love my pair of 50/50 fridge freezers, as can open them like an American style! Also think it is more economical to only open a 1/4 at a time rather than 1/2 iykwim! Have fun choosing x
WE end up choosing 70/30 as I need a lot more fridge space than freezer but thanks for the great tip! We will be opening it as American style too
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Looking lovely, same quartz as mine I think! When does it all start?
It could be, I did take some inspiration from your photos!
Old 3 Jul 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

As title, would love some tiles for kitchen inspiration as this is the next on my list
Old 3 Jul 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

It could be, I did take some inspiration from your photos!
Aww thank you! Can't wait to see it all finished!
Old 3 Jul 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

As title, would love some tiles for kitchen inspiration as this is the next on my list
As in our previous kitchen I was so "decisioned out" i decided not to use tiles/splashbacks and just paint. I reasoned that tiles were expensive to buy and fit if I made a mistake whereas paint I could just paint over. After coming up to 3 months using the kitchen the only bit we are missing a wipeable splashback for is in the utility so that is on our list, it is not too big so may even just buy some end of line/sale ones and dh can do it. As I do most of the cooking on the island and the upstands and windowsills in the same quartz as the worktop mostly everything that gets splashed is wipeable already.

Paint colour is white mist by dulux (well Valspar version which is not quite the same) We have this in our bedroom which faces the same way (north) and has a blue tinge to it. I would like a feature wall at some point but at the moment the whole house is shades of white/grey and seems lovely and fresh compared to the dirty creams/magnolias it was when we moved in. I'm going to bring some colour in when we reupholster the chairs and probably pick up on all my purple accessories.

Have fun choosing!
Old 3 Jul 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

we are going for quartz as splashback, to save me deciding but have no idea what todo with the floors
Old 5 Jul 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Keep changing my mind re colour of the island - blackish green or blue black ... I say blue black DH likes the green I think. Excuse the sloppy painting, I decided to paint few of our current cabinets to get a better feel of the colour.

Any preferences?

Edited at 12:14 PM.
Old 5 Jul 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Keep changing my mind re colour of the island - blue black or blackish green... I say blue black DH likes the green I think. Excuse the sloppy painting, I decided to paint few of our current cabinets to get a better feel of the colour.

Any preferences?
I prefer the blue black (assuming it is the one on the right).
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List