Notices

Old 10 Aug 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Ahh thank you for taking us with you - I have loved keeping up with all of it! Have a safe flight home and I think one more cocktail whilst you wait to be picked up is in order? X

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic & Jamaica
2022 - Universal Cabana Bay & RPR
2023 - Disney (everything crossed!)
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Apprentice Imagineer

How exciting! I'm so pleased you managed to get a holiday despite it all. I'll go back and read properly now but am just so happy to see another of your trip reports!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Safe flight home✈️
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by HansysMum View Post
Ahh thank you for taking us with you - I have loved keeping up with all of it! Have a safe flight home and I think one more cocktail whilst you wait to be picked up is in order? X
I thought I should order a last cocktail,
but in the end I didn't fancy it. So, no cocktail while waiting for the coach.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
How exciting! I'm so pleased you managed to get a holiday despite it all. I'll go back and read properly now but am just so happy to see another of your trip reports!
Hey Tara, two weeks in Jamaica has been brilliant. I'm so glad we went for it.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Safe flight home✈️
Home now, tired, lots of washing to do but that can all wait as I want to update another instalment 😅 I have done 2 loads of washing. So, we'll have clean underwear for tomorrow.

Disneyland 1993.
DLP 2000, 2019, 2020.
Orlando 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (cancelled), 2021 (cancelled).

A great big beautiful - Summer 2022 New pre trip report

All my old trip reports click here NYC and Orlando 2017, Salzburg 2017, Boston 2017, Orlando 2018, Berlin 2018, DLP 2019, Orlando 2019, Washington DC 2019, DLP 2020, Jamaica 2021, Rome 2021.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Good to hear youíre back home safely and Iím looking forward to your next instalment
Old 11 Aug 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Excited about Disney

Thanks so much for writing this. Really enjoyed reading along and was very interested in the cocktails. Iíve not considered Jamaica before, but youíve definitely made it look appealing.
Safe journey back.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Tuesday - Return Home

I had left all the packing until the morning, so after showering and getting ready we quickly sorted out our cases.

It didn't take long for everything to be packed away. Somehow I manage to make packing last a whole day prior to the trip, but the coming home is done in half an hour.

Mum and Dad went for an early swim and enjoyed a walk up the beach.

I took a few more photos from the balcony.

We went and enjoyed our last breakfast. Pancakes all round.

Max's plate

Kate had some French toast and a ham and cheese toasty.

I had the classic pancakes and bacon.

We are all going to miss the food, having to cook for ourselves, rather than just point at something, is going to be hard work.

On the way back to collect our cases we had a wander through the resort and I took a few more photos.

And of course a last look at the beautiful beach.

Sad to say goodbye, but pleased that we had discovered paradise for two weeks. We waited in the lobby. Not for too long the coach arrived about 5 minutes after its scheduled time.

We were all loaded on and on our way. I took a few photos of the countryside. The rain does mean that it is a luscious green countryside.

There was quite a lot of deprivation in the housing, which is sad to see compared with the luxury of the hotel.

We ended up being a bit delayed on the coach. There was only one pick up after us but the people we were collecting were at the wrong reception and had to hot foot it over to us while we waited. I wasn't too bothered though. The TUI plane was hardly going to leave without a coach load of TUI passengers.

We made it to Montego Bay eventually and joined the long check in line. This probably took twice as long as usual. They needed to check passports (obviously!), weigh and label the cases. But in addition everyone had to find the various downloads of forms and screenshots on their phones.

First up we had to show our passenger locator forms for each person. Next the negative fit to fly test result for us all. Then those of us who had a covid vaccine needed to show their vaccine certificate and I needed to show the proof that we we had purchased the day 2 home PCR test that we will carry out this week. It was all fine for us as I had all the paper work on my phone but there were a few tempers flaring among passengers as they struggled to find the right form and I felt for the check in staff.

We made our way to the gate and we knew the flight was not going to take off on time. It was already 3.40pm and the scheduled departure time was 4pm. We embarked by row from the rear of the plane which amused me as a long line had formed at the gate and we had sat down on some chairs so we ended up going in front of quite a few people.

We settled into our seats with Kate, myself and Dave in front of Max, Mum and Dad. There were a few announcements about the delayed take off due to the enhanced check in procedures and we were thanked for our patience. Then the flight attendants made an announcement about how lithium batteries and portable chargers should not be in hold luggage and if anyone thought they had portable chargers in their hold luggage to make themselves known...sadly 2 sets of passengers had packed battery chargers in their cases. So, all the cases had to be taken off and their luggage located.

Meanwhile a sniffer dog was brought around the plane. This is not something I've seen before, yes in the airport departure lounge, but not on the plane. The police brought the dog along both aisles. It didn't seem as if the dog found any banned substances.

Finally the portable chargers were located, we all thought this was it and we were off, but we were informed there had been a medical emergency with a passenger and so a family of four had now disembarked and their luggage had to be removed.

We were finally ready for take off at about 5.45pm. An hour and 45 minutes late.

The return home in flight entertainment was the same as the out bound. Five new release movies and about 25 'classics'. It isn't as much choice as we are used to.

The food was a mix of good and bad. We had a nice dinner of roast chicken, potatoes and vegetables, with a salad and roll, a slice of ginger cake and a cracker with cheese. This was all pretty tasty and even Kate managed to eat a little (readers of previous trip reports will remember her cure for the smell of plane food is to stick her nose in a can of pringles). Sadly the breakfast was not good and I couldn't face eating it. Dave said it was a sort of omelette with vegetables and was the worst plane breakfast he had ever eaten. It smelt pretty bad.

We all tried to sleep, I did manage to dose a bit. In the end only landed about an hour or so late so we had made up a bit of time.

At Gatwick Airport I was expecting the border control chaos and delays that had been predicted in the press but we sailed through the passport scanners. No one wanted to check our passenger locator forms or anything at all. Just scan your passport and you're away. It was a very speedy arrival and our cases all came off promptly too.

So, that's it we are now home. I've done two loads of washing and unpacked most of the cases. Now to bore friends and family to death with the photos!

Thank you all for reading. I'm sure going abroad this summer isn't for everyone but it was absolutely worth it for us and we have had an amazing time. I've loved sharing it with you in a live trip report. It's been great fun.

I'm sure there will be another trip in the pipeline in the not too distant future. As long as there is a county that will take us we will more than likely be off again in October.

Whether they are this year or next year, I hope all your future travel plans go ahead exactly as you wish and you all get to enjoy a much needed break with your loved ones.

Disneyland 1993.
DLP 2000, 2019, 2020.

All my old trip reports click here NYC and Orlando 2017, Salzburg 2017, Boston 2017, Orlando 2018, Berlin 2018, DLP 2019, Orlando 2019, Washington DC 2019, DLP 2020, Jamaica 2021, Rome 2021.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Good to hear youíre back home safely and Iím looking forward to your next instalment
Thank you and I'm grateful for all your comments. No need to wait long for the next instalment.

Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
Thanks so much for writing this. Really enjoyed reading along and was very interested in the cocktails. Iíve not considered Jamaica before, but youíve definitely made it look appealing.
Safe journey back.
There were a heck of a lot of cocktails. I'm kind of tempted to add up how many...but that will likely be embarrassingly high. I'd not really considered Jamaica before but it was great for us this summer.

Disneyland 1993.
DLP 2000, 2019, 2020.

Old 11 Aug 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Excited about Disney

Oh I wouldnít add them up - alcohol and calories donít count on holidays.

Edited at 04:49 PM.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Abby, it was so lovely to read your report everyday I really enjoyed reading along. Great to see that you arrived home safely. Hope the jet lag isnít too bad!

Kelly x
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List