Old 15 Aug 21, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm looking to book RPR for August 2022. A standard room, no upgrade. Is £200 per night good, should I be aiming for cheaper?

I'm out of touch with what is a decent price per night, I know there are seasonal variations, but I thought I'd ask you guys. Have any of you got bookings for August next year?
Can I ask where you are seeing that price? We are booked for two nights in July and are paying a lot more than that - however we are paying in Euro but even with exchange rates that it way cheaper.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Can I ask where you are seeing that price? We are booked for two nights in July and are paying a lot more than that - however we are paying in Euro but even with exchange rates that it way cheaper.
Sorry, no I haven't seen that price. I was wondering what to aim for. So far the best I've seen is £237 per night on hotels.com as I've got tesco clubcard vouchers and have used them before on hotels.com I'm happy to do so again. I was hoping to see if others had got anywhere close to £200 per night.

My dates are 15th August 2022 for 5 nights if that is helpful. I was surprised that hotels.com were offering RPR for less than £270 per night for summer season. As, I seem to feel like £250 is an OK price for RPR but it's been such a long time since I've booked or researched universal hotels I thought I'd see what sort of price others were locking in.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry, no I haven't seen that price. I was wondering what to aim for. So far the best I've seen is £237 per night on hotels.com as I've got tesco clubcard vouchers and have used them before on hotels.com I'm happy to do so again. I was hoping to see if others had got anywhere close to £200 per night.

My dates are 15th August 2022 for 5 nights if that is helpful. I was surprised that hotels.com were offering RPR for less than £270 per night for summer season. As, I seem to feel like £250 is an OK price for RPR but it's been such a long time since I've booked or researched universal hotels I thought I'd see what sort of price others were locking in.
After mid August prices significantly decrease. I think I’d definitely be booking if near £200 a night. Obviously the more nights you book the cheaper it gets.

We had great prices at RPR for this Aug and last Aug for club rooms. Can’t get near them at Easter unfortunately.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
After mid August prices significantly decrease. I think I’d definitely be booking if near £200 a night. Obviously the more nights you book the cheaper it gets.

We had great prices at RPR for this Aug and last Aug for club rooms. Can’t get near them at Easter unfortunately.

Kat
Thanks Kat. I was wondering if you were going to try and shift your reward flights to summer 😉

I'm also trying to figure out when we need to be back for A level results but the dates aren't out yet 😡

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks Kat. I was wondering if you were going to try and shift your reward flights to summer 😉

I'm also trying to figure out when we need to be back for A level results but the dates aren't out yet 😡
At the moment we are going with Easter. Because we have reward flights that virgin moved with no extra costs we are kinda stuck with those dates (well not stuck exactly) which I don’t think we’ll be able to move again? Reward flight availability is rubbish at the moment but I’m hopeful that will change once everything starts to open up but we are going with April until then.

In normal times we would know when results days would be wouldn’t we? Well I would hope you would being a teacher and all! 😂 but who knows 🤷 might as well stick a pin in some day in August as that’ll be a guess.

So pleased you enjoyed Jamaica, still need to catch up on your last couple of days!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Another vote for Travel Republic. Try Booking.com and Trivago and they will give you several options. Just make sure that you pick one with a flexible cancellation policy.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Yep, usually a levels are the third Thursday in August. But there is another consultation and I don't think we will know until much later. They are suggesting end of Autumn term and even if the date is set it could still change.

You're right the earlier I look in August the price creeps up. I have some clubcard vouchers about to expire end of this month so I may convert them and book up 5 nights at RPR we've never done that long...seems a good rate at £237 per night...although Cabana Bay is far cheaper, less than £100 per night but no express pass.

I'll post if I see any cheaper rates. I'm really tempted by RPR we've only stayed there once and it was a monsoon so I want to make the most of the cocktails at the pool 🥰

Old 16 Aug 21, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Travel Republic as deposit only rather than booking direct as it will be full price. They always have a good price. Prices can change significantly just over a few days. I had a booking late July into early august and RPR was £310 per night. I’m now going to be there 13th August and it’s £230 a night. It’s all about dates unlike Disney prices which roughly stay the same unless in free nights offer.

Another good place is orlandoattractions.com hard to beat their prices.

Edited at 07:19 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Club level at RPR 1 night for 4 people in September £345
Decent price?
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

If you have Tesco clubcard vouchers definitely hotels.com. £3 spend for every £1 of points, can’t be beaten.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List