Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Sep 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Windows being late is creating bit of a mess with the schedule. I really hope they don't plaster after the tiling is done but trying to stay out of the way and let the builder handle things. He has given me no reason to doubt that his goal is to do things the right way
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Ladies and gents, how & where do you store your root veg and fruit that doesn't go in the fridge?
Fruit goes in a bowl on the kitchen counter and root veg goes in a basket in the pantry (cool and dark).
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I have seen this in one of the kitchen providers that we had design with but didn't go ahead with it. It's a box, with lid that will keep flies away but has mini ventilation holes for freshness. It would be easy to clean too - but I have not seen anything like it elsewhere
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

I have seen this in one of the kitchen providers that we had design with but didn't go ahead with it. It's a box, with lid that will keep flies away but has mini ventilation holes for freshness. It would be easy to clean too - but I have not seen anything like it elsewhere
That looks fantastic!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Windows in today. They delivered double glazed, we paid for triple. They said they will be changed to triple, but the glass was not ready on time. I am happy with that, better than delaying the project

Head office already confirmed as well that the glass will be change. On track for kitchen fitting on Monday

Edited at 03:23 PM.
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Day 12 progress photo
Old 14 Sep 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Day 12 progress photo
Amazing progress😁What a great space, did they lower the ceiling by the door or go back up?

What flooring will you have, will it run through to the dining room? Those doors will be stunning. My friend has had to halt her whole extension because there is such a backlog on doors, so feel for you, but it is still going to be finished in no time!
Old 15 Sep 21, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I decided to leave it level I prefer this look in the end, considering how close to the end is

The doors were 10 weeks lead time, our builder got them in 7 but I had to go with the black/dark grey frame. Any other shade would be 10/12 weeks. We started planning in March hoping to be done by end of August, everything is more expensive and takes longer this year.

The patio doors/windows will be aligned with the design

The walkway behind the island will end where the door ends, and the island is the same size like second panel. If we knew there will be support beam needed we would have known that we can add another 20/30cm of window near the oven but I am going to have to get over it.

Edited at 06:17 AM.
Old 15 Sep 21, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I decided to leave it level I prefer this look in the end, considering how close to the end is

The doors were 10 weeks lead time, our builder got them in 7 but I had to go with the black/dark grey frame. Any other shade would be 10/12 weeks. We started planning in March hoping to be done by end of August, everything is more expensive and takes longer this year.

The patio doors/windows will be aligned with the design

The walkway behind the island will end where the door ends, and the island is the same size like second panel. If we knew there will be support beam needed we would have known that we can add another 20/30cm of window near the oven but I am going to have to get over it.
So similar, we went for black for speed and cost, but we are still pleased with them. We ended up changing where the hob is on the island because of the conflict between beam and hood. It means it’s a bit messy if you are really fussy but ok although dh has caught his head on the corner a couple of times🥴 Getting the hob 2 hood function makes it worth it IMO😆 although not sure he agrees!
Old 15 Sep 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

our hob is in the island with downdraft but I insisted on getting it vented out, regardless of added cost. It's not as powerful as vented out hood that is on top of the hob, but better than just recirculating. Hope it works well