Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Regrets so far

The windows/doors not being 20 or 30 cm bigger is not real regret as we couldn't have known what we will find once we strip all walls. Moving them 30cm made me 95% happy, vs about 70% with the original plan. With 7 weeks lead time needed to get express order of windows/doors and budget we did the right things

The 2cm short on longer part of the L - both I, the builder, the cabinet surveyor did same error and the resolution is as good as the original plan so can't be real regret either. We had the utility wall there, making it harder to take exact measurements. When I looked back at the measurements - only my FIL was right, but I opted to go with the majority

When the electrician was marking everything on the ground, very good to get visual of where the island and the lights will be he somehow convinced me that my numbers are wrong. He moved the island 10cm towards the fridge. Cutting the clearance there, still within recommended but smaller than I would have liked and bigger on the other side where we are likely not to use much as there are no cabinets or walkway that will be in much use. It's fine, but it I would have preferred the other way. All electricals for the lights and the downdraft vent is now installed and can't be moved. That's first regret really - I should have said stop right now, give me my measuring tape and give me 5 minutes. There were 4 builders, him, I and the plumber in on that day, it was very busy and I didn't.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I have positioned my office desk in the living room, near double glass doors giving me straight view of the work. The excuse is my office is used to store tiles and appliances but I like keeping an eye on the work I have to admit

not sure if builders feel the same
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

The tiles are being laid down right now and I LOVE them. It's the first super happy vibes I am getting since we started the work and I can't stop smiling!

It's wonderful seeing things moving to completion
Old 18 Sep 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

End of week 3

Fridge/Freezer another 6weeks wait. Total lead time 16 weeks.
Old 18 Sep 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Omg are they tiles ? I love them
Where did u get them ?
Old 18 Sep 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
End of week 3

But at least you have a Beautiful floor to look at, just gorgeous 🥰
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Thanks, I am really happy with it and I think the tilers did great job too

It's Porcelanosa tile Manhattan Colonial - the largest size
tilestyle.ie/products/manhat...-29-4x180a-r10

Bit of a splurge but I am really happy with it. It has some anti slip in it too, I think that's handy
Old 18 Sep 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Is it a fancy fridge/freezer you are after? Could you not cancel it and order on AO etc? I wouldn’t have been willing to wait for a fridge freezer tbh.
Old 18 Sep 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
End of week 3

WOW what a lovely large space 🤩
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Is it a fancy fridge/freezer you are after? Could you not cancel it and order on AO etc? I wouldn’t have been willing to wait for a fridge freezer tbh.
Not at all. I was looking for siemens or neff 70/30 frost free- 2 of them. We have large siemens that is less than 2 years old in the dinning room, making the wait little easier. It's only in the dinning room while we are waiting for the kitchen, I don't want it there long term but will do the job for the moment. All German brands have been hit by covid and I don't want the likes of beko or whirlpool due to poor past experience

Neff, Siemens and Bosch apparently are made in same factories, and have supply issues due to covid. And with appliences, after having few we don't like and few we do - I prefer Miele Neff of Siemens

Edited at 10:24 AM.