Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Kitchen fitting day! I have to say I am actually bit anxious about it. I never had the chance or the need to renovate or design kitchen before and have spend months in planning. My husband has remained semi detached leaning towards full detachment

I have spend probably year between last year pre covid and this year since the sprint planning and it's substantial investment. I hope it results in nice kitchen that all of us can enjoy and function well as a heart of the house - as kitchen should be
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to the next pictures, it's great when you can finally see it all coming together.
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

The cabinet fitter was giving out that I have too many sockets in the pantry press - bi fold doors and they aren't that big. They are 1.6m, that's not small at all in my opinion and I feel more is better. They are hidden and right now they are not expensive to get.

Coffee machine, grinder, kettle and toaster for example will take 4 plugs and not much space, he insist I won't have space for them . I will have more than enough, 1.6m is a lot

Edited at 11:50 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Kitchen fitting day! I have to say I am actually bit anxious about it. I never had the chance or the need to renovate or design kitchen before and have spend months in planning. My husband has remained semi detached leaning towards full detachment

I have spend probably year between last year pre covid and this year since the sprint planning and it's substantial investment. I hope it results in nice kitchen that all of us can enjoy and function well as a heart of the house - as kitchen should be
It is so worrying as it is such a huge investment but it will be lovely and you will love it and have great fun using it as a family.

We have just had a Strictly weekend with visitors and it was so easy compared to how it was when we moved in.

Will look forward to pictures. I’m so glad ours is done because I would be very jealous at the speed your work is progressing 😉
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

It's incredibly dirty but I just can't get myself to clean up just for the photos as they are back in tomorrow. Loving the progress, it's lovely to see it in real finally!

Edited at 05:58 PM.
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Wow! It’s looking fab!
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Very happy with the progress. Still a lot to do but hopefully most will be complete by mid next week. I love the layout and can't wait to get cooking again!

Edited at 07:56 AM.
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Looks lovely. Like the big island.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I made the overhang little longer than usual - 40cm as I found it more comfortable to sit on that 30 and I hope we get use of the seating. Space being limited was one of the decisions I thought a lot about

Edited at 10:23 AM.
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Venting hob is also nowhere to be found, we ordered 11 weeks ago and were told that it's 3 weeks lead time

Edited at 01:06 PM.