Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Sep 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Edited at 09:58 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Handle talk

Upper cabinets are no handle
lower cabinet have a strip
The pantry is bi fold and didn't work well with the strip, so we chose something that you can grip and pull easy as it's pull action to open it

I can't get used to two of the handles - the one on navy island next to the seating area and the one over the hob

My husband is saying once we have the quartz installed it won't be as visible, but the fact that it is going in the other direction is annoying me right now. Do you think I am going to get over it?

I have 3 options
1) give them a chance
2) Talk to the kitchen company but change at this stage will cost more as the cabinet have the holes to accommodate the handle
3) leave them as is and change if I find something that I love at some stage - like something interesting in etsy
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post

It’s looking fantastic 🥳🥳
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Maybe I am overthinking the handles, I can get the two cabinets changed but DH is saying don't as it is easier to open them with current handle.
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Venting hob is also nowhere to be found, we ordered 11 weeks ago and were told that it's 3 weeks lead time

We ended up finding a graded one on eBay. Luckily was only box that was damaged, not much cheaper than perfect as they knew the stock situation! Feel for you😓

Handle talk

Upper cabinets are no handle
lower cabinet have a strip
The pantry is bi fold and didn't work well with the strip, so we chose something that you can grip and pull easy as it's pull action to open it

I can't get used to two of the handles - the one on navy island next to the seating area and the one over the hob

My husband is saying once we have the quartz installed it won't be as visible, but the fact that it is going in the other direction is annoying me right now. Do you think I am going to get over it?

I have 3 options
1) give them a chance
2) Talk to the kitchen company but change at this stage will cost more as the cabinet have the holes to accommodate the handle
3) leave them as is and change if I find something that I love at some stage - like something interesting in etsy
I’d probably go 1 or 3. We still have no handles in the bathroom units as can’t find what I want and that is over a year! We can manage them but no way could manage kitchen units with no handles. There are loads out there and hard to choose. We have liked styles but not the quality and vice versa😭 Good luck x

Looking fab btw, when is the worktop getting fitted?
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I feel very under pressure and stressed today.
Work is busy
The tab is missing
Qaurtz people want confirmation - 10 minutes ago re the hob, in order to fit it tomorrow
The hob we want - it sounds like Siemens, Bosch, Neff are not even giving ETA and the kitchen company is calling all over the place trying to get venting hob in stock

I didn't sleep well and I was going to have power nap at lunch time but I can't as I am waiting on deliveries and calls
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
I just checked my wall cabinets and they are 45cm from the worktop to the base. They are plenty high enough to get my coffee machine and kitchen aid under with room to spare. I think another 5 or 15cm would make them really high - I have trouble reaching the top shelf as it is (I'm 5ft 4) If it is to stop you having a gap at the top, my builder boxed it in just behind the cornice and it has been painted to match the walls and IMO looks great, plus no cleaning tops of cabinets, just a wipe along the cornice

Stools at the island - is hard We are a family of 4 but due to having quartz I had to give up on 1 stool and just have 3. We have 2 on one side, down from the hob and 1 at the bottom. If all 4 of us are here then we eat at the table. When discussing it with the designer she said 3 in a row is nice to chat to people when cooking but not so good if you are eating together! I also moved my hob during the fit due to beams on the ceiling so it worked a lot better then. All I have under my hob are 2 sets of pan drawers with internal drawers which is where I keep the utensils, pans, baking tins, tea towels, foil, cling film. I keep all my food stuff in a big double larder cupboard next to the fridge.

Hope that helps!
what shade of white are your walls? Whites are soooo hard to choose!
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Would this bother you? They have the hole for different handle and while not visible it is facing the floor. It will gather dust and it won't be possible to clean

Old 24 Sep 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I feel very under pressure and stressed today.
Work is busy
The tab is missing
Qaurtz people want confirmation - 10 minutes ago re the hob, in order to fit it tomorrow
The hob we want - it sounds like Siemens, Bosch, Neff are not even giving ETA and the kitchen company is calling all over the place trying to get venting hob in stock

I didn't sleep well and I was going to have power nap at lunch time but I can't as I am waiting on deliveries and calls
Feel your pain - we did our kitchen nearly 3 yrs ago now and I still remember how stressed I was. We did had an extension and the kitchen company measured and everyone agreed where the sockets were going to go. - they even sprayed on the walls. The day before the fitting was due to start, kitchen company came out to prep/check and said one of the sockets were wrong and would end up half behind a cabinet. Builder blamed kitchen company and vice versa. Socket needed moving 4 inches and I had to get hold of the electrician that day to do it. I think I was about to cry - this was two weeks before Christmas and any delays the Kitchen company said they would have to reschedule fitting to after Christmas which would leave us kitchen less over the festive period with family coming to stay. I think my bloodpressure never been as high as then

Its hard to think logical when panic mode strikes. Now I think that had I not found the electrician I would just have removed the socket, let them fit cupboard and then get the electrician to redo the socket. But that option didnt even enter my brain at the time.

I think with regards to the handles - go with option 3 and leave it for now. Once things are calmer you will have plenty of time to work out a solution.

Hob - worst case could you wait to have it fitted later? The can still do the quartz if you tell them the measurements, right?
Also check your facebook marketplace and gumtree.
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Feeling your pain also. Ordered my new cooker on June 1st. Still waiting. Rangemaster won’t say when it will arrive but are happy to take your full payment. So have a cooker shaped hole in our kitchen renovation!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List